• Advertisement

The New 2013 Disney Princess Design

Cha

I've been noticing this new design when I was at Disneyland and at a Disney store. And I guess a lot of people are pissed off with Merida looking girly, Mulan being whiter and Pocahontas looking odd. I'll admit, some of these I don't like. Like Cinderella's side bangs and Belle's hair but it doesn't really matter. These characters were the same for a long time, I'm surprised Disney didn't update them sooner. Ariel's dress oh thank god they went away from the pink one she had. And I'm glad they did give Mulan an actual dress for her.

554512_10151273014302620_1182212377_n.jp

merida-brave-new-look1.jpg

which one's mulan. 

also who's belle

i don't know any of these guys besides The Little Mermaid, Pokahontas, and Cinderella lol

is the main girl in front supposed to be the Tangled girl?

which one's mulan. 

also who's belle

i don't know any of these guys besides The Little Mermaid, Pokahontas, and Cinderella lol

is the main girl in front supposed to be the Tangled girl?

I hate you.

I don't mind them at all.  They all needed a uniform style and this one works fine.  Merida's design "change" is no more of a change than any of the other princesses and the fact that people flipped shit so hard that Disney took the design off their website (or wherever the hell they posted it) is absolutely ridiculous.  She looks like a princess, big friggin' deal, but guess what!? She's still not stick-thin, and she still has her curly hair, and if you look around there are pictures of that design with her bow.  She looks like a princess but isn't a girly-girl like all the other princesses, but because she got changed ever-so-slightly people went absolutely insane.  If that pisses off the "any girl doing something girly is the enemy because all girls should be tomboys because we're girls" feminists then Disney shouldn't give a crap because they should only be focused on making money.  No one's been bitching about any of the other princesses ("complaining" Mulan and Pocahontas got messed up isn't the bitching I'm talking about) and they all clearly look different.

God I friggin' hate the Internet and the social justice crap people preach on it.

(PS: I'm aware none of my rant was a reply to anyone, I've just been tracking the comments on Merida's design since it was released and I'm so friggin' pissed at everyone trashing it and it's bullshit that it's being trashed and I have a lot more to say but I'll restrain myself)

• Like 3

I hate you.

I don't mind them at all.  They all needed a uniform style and this one works fine.  Merida's design "change" is no more of a change than any of the other princesses and the fact that people flipped shit so hard that Disney took the design off their website (or wherever the hell they posted it) is absolutely ridiculous.  She looks like a princess, big friggin' deal, but guess what!? She's still not stick-thin, and she still has her curly hair, and if you look around there are pictures of that design with her bow.  She looks like a princess but isn't a girly-girl like all the other princesses, but because she got changed ever-so-slightly people went absolutely insane.  If that pisses off the "any girl doing something girly is the enemy because all girls should be tomboys because we're girls" feminists then Disney shouldn't give a crap because they should only be focused on making money.  No one's been bitching about any of the other princesses ("complaining" Mulan and Pocahontas got messed up isn't the bitching I'm talking about) and they all clearly look different.

God I friggin' hate the Internet and the social justice crap people preach on it.

(PS: I'm aware none of my rant was a reply to anyone, I've just been tracking the comments on Merida's design since it was released and I'm so friggin' pissed at everyone trashing it and it's bullshit that it's being trashed and I have a lot more to say but I'll restrain myself)

Hate's a waste of energy. Everything's a lose-lose situation on the Internet, no matter how right or how wrong you are. The designs aren't that bad, but no one's going to admit it because that's not what matters. What matters is that there's something to complain about. You've made a smart point, but regardless, in just a little bit of time, everyone will have forgotten all about this. And that's something to be happy about! 

Personal experience. 

I hate you.I don't mind them at all.  They all needed a uniform style and this one works fine.  Merida's design "change" is no more of a change than any of the other princesses and the fact that people flipped shit so hard that Disney took the design off their website (or wherever the hell they posted it) is absolutely ridiculous.  She looks like a princess, big friggin' deal, but guess what!? She's still not stick-thin, and she still has her curly hair, and if you look around there are pictures of that design with her bow.  She looks like a princess but isn't a girly-girl like all the other princesses, but because she got changed ever-so-slightly people went absolutely insane.  If that pisses off the "any girl doing something girly is the enemy because all girls should be tomboys because we're girls" feminists then Disney shouldn't give a crap because they should only be focused on making money.  No one's been bitching about any of the other princesses ("complaining" Mulan and Pocahontas got messed up isn't the bitching I'm talking about) and they all clearly look different. God I friggin' hate the Internet and the social justice crap people preach on it.(PS: I'm aware none of my rant was a reply to anyone, I've just been tracking the comments on Merida's design since it was released and I'm so friggin' pissed at everyone trashing it and it's bullshit that it's being trashed and I have a lot more to say but I'll restrain myself)

tumblr_m62v5aujxy1rolaymo1_500_large.gif

Well, they look hotter, specially Cinderella and Belle. And yes, Ariel's dress is so much better. Idk, there's something about Rapunzel's face that I find off, and Pocahontas looks a bit unattractive compared to the others, as Snow White looks younger in comparison ...but well, overall they all look pretty and sparkly, I like it.

I don't have a problem with the design. But Mulan is not a Disney princess, she married a general! And I don't know much about Pocahontas.

By the term of a Disney princess, she is one:

royal by birth, royal by marriage, or considered a "princess" due to their significant portrayal of heroism in their film and/or of a very high status in their country/region.

Also, I agree that people are totally tripping about Merida. She doesn't really look much different. Spruced up a bit, but still...

...THIS is what everyone's complaining about on the Internet? Holy shit, they aren't bad at all! I actually love Merida's new look. It's not like they drasticly re-designed them, they all look alright to me. I seriously think people on the internet should give it a rest with all the flaming over this. And if you don't like it, don't bother with it. You aren't being FORCED to look at a Disney Princess' new design.

(Unless our world has suddenly turned into Robot Chicken).

Well, they look hotter, specially Cinderella and Belle. And yes, Ariel's dress is so much better. Idk, there's something about Rapunzel's face that I find off, and Pocahontas looks a bit unattractive compared to the others, as Snow White looks younger in comparison ...but well, overall they all look pretty and sparkly, I like it.

I've heard that Snow White is actually the youngest princess at 14 years old. :P