• Advertisement

SOF's Top 11 Favorite Animated Series

Amphibia

9. Looney Tunes

looneytunes.jpg

My thoughts: I love the Looney Tunes series, they’re just so hilarious to watch. I actually watched some shorts on Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show on TELETOON Retro (it was a block similar to Boomerang). The Looney Tunes series has been one of my all-time favorite shows, and yes, I even like The Looney Tunes Show, but I do understand why some people don't like it.

You Canadian's are lucky, you get The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show and we don't! :'(

• Like 1

Here it is...the moment you've been waiting for (prepare to get mind-blown AN, jjs, SG, and CNF).

Spoiler

7. Adventure Time / Regular Show (a tie)

tumblr_lmpkp4QhEp1qkt447o1_500.jpg

My thoughts: Okay okay, I admit it, I actually like them. I originally thought AT was kinda boring to me when I first saw it premiere on TELETOON a while back. I didn't really like it, but then one weekend I decided to watch the first season of AT and I must say, it was better than I thought. I definitely came to like it more.

As for Regular Show, I watched some episodes of the first season online (since it wasn’t aired on TELETOON, it did air on CN Canada, but I do not have it). I really do like RS as well though.

(are you happy now, AN? :P)

Another good choice SOF. I kinda had a feeling you would choose something along those lines when you said a show from Cartoon Network, though I ignored it when I remembered you had said earlier that you didn't like Adventure Time.

6. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

240px-Scooby_doo_mystery_incorporated_poster.jpg

My Thoughts: SDMI is the only SD show I liked the most from the franchise, it was one of darkest shows ever on CN. I really liked how the gang got lots of development, and the continuity in each episode was nice. I liked the animation, too. The best part of the show is the H-B characters cameo appearances, and I love that since I like H-B. Not much else to say but this is really good show IMO.

5. SpongeBob SquarePants

cast.jpg

My thoughts: Do I really needs to explain this? :P Although I do like SB, I don't like it as much as some other shows currently. Still, there are some good episodes I like such as Band Geeks, The Great Snail Race, and Pizza Delivery. I even do like some post-movie episodes too, but I respect on why people don't like them.

What could be higher than SB you ask? You'll have to wait and see. ;)

• Like 1

5. SpongeBob SquarePants

cast.jpg

My thoughts: Do I really needs to explain this? :P Although I do like SB, I don't like it as much as some other shows currently. Still, there are some good episodes I like such as Band Geeks, The Great Snail Race, and Pizza Delivery. I even do like some post-movie episodes too, but I respect on why people don't like them.

What could be higher than SB you ask? You'll have to wait and see. ;)

The odds of Phineas & Ferb being ranked higher than #5 have got to be like zero or something.

4. Fairly Odd Parents

200px-Tv_hi_fairlyoddparents_01.jpg

My thoughts: When I saw FOP on YTV, I actually liked the show more than SB. Why do you think I chose this to be higher than SpongeBob? Glad you asked. When I first saw SB, I thought it was annoying and stupid but then I decided to watch FOP more until 2003 when they aired the first ever SB/FOP marathon in May 2003.

FOP is one of my favorite Nicktoons because it has nice animation and I would never miss a new episode.

Here it is...the moment you've been waiting for (prepare to get mind-blown AN, jjs, SG, and CNF).

Spoiler

7. Adventure Time / Regular Show (a tie)

tumblr_lmpkp4QhEp1qkt447o1_500.jpg

My thoughts: Okay okay, I admit it, I actually like them. I originally thought AT was kinda boring to me when I first saw it premiere on TELETOON a while back. I didn't really like it, but then one weekend I decided to watch the first season of AT and I must say, it was better than I thought. I definitely came to like it more.

As for Regular Show, I watched some episodes of the first season online (since it wasn’t aired on TELETOON, it did air on CN Canada, but I do not have it). I really do like RS as well though.

(are you happy now, AN? :P)

A tie?

3. Animaniacs / Pinky and the Brain / Tiny Toon Adventures

250px-Animaniacs.svg.png

My thoughts: I couldn't choose between these three shows, so here they are. But yeah, Steven Spielberg an was amazing creator for these shows. I could watch them on and on and never get tired of them.

I loved Animaniacs more than the other two, but at the same time it was hard to choose, so I had it be a 3-way tie. I've been glad to see Animaniacs on the Hub since Dec 2012 (of course Wakko's Wish still plays on TELETOON every Christmas).

Pinky and the Brain got their own show which was a spin-off of Animaniacs, and it was brought back on air on YTV in 2007, but it disappeared again before 2009 sadly.

As for Tiny Toons Adventures, I liked the animation and the characters were very nice, cute and looney :P. I also liked to see LT characters as the teachers, too.

So overall, I like all three of them, and #2 is coming soon!

• Like 1

It's time...

2. Gravity Falls

Gravity-Falls-gravity-falls-32262760-600

My thoughts: While Family Channel (Canada’s answer to DC) was on one day, I saw a sneak peek of Gravity Falls. After I watched it, I was like "this is one of greatest animated DC shows ever". I do have my favorite character here as well (Mabel), and the show itself looks awesome with the animation. It’s amazing how they make a perfect story developed and not just an 11-min episode. The story is creative and animation feels like AT/RS to me. GF is best one yet so far.

But what is Number 1...?

come back in 30mins for #1 :).

Well, here you go:

Spoiler

Phineas & Ferb

My thoughts: I know some of you might have guessed this right already, but who cares? :P P&F has always been my favorite show next to GF in DC. When I first saw it on Family Channel back in Feb 2008 (part of February event), I thought it was amazing. I really love the idea having two plots in one show (P&F plot and Agent P subplot).

The animation looks good to me, even though the show is repetitive sometimes which I’m fine with (it’s just part of the show, you know?). I actually liked the movie, too (if you haven’t seen it then you’ll like it). But yeah, P&F is #1 on my list. It’s ok if you guys dislike it, I respect your opinion.

And that’s a wrap for my top 11 favorite animated series!

Honrable Mention:

Teen Titans & TTG!

TMNT (2003 & 2012 series.)

Mighty B (it wasn't so bad :P)

CatDog

Hey Aronald

Duck Dodgers

Cow & Chicken

Darkwing Duck

IMW (spin-off of Cow & Chicken)

Johnny Bravo

Chalk Zone