• Advertisement

American Idol (Show Discussion)

70s

Honestly, I'm a little more excited for Keith Urban/Nicki Minaj/Mariah Carey/Randy than I was for LA/Simon Cowell/Demi Lovato/Britney Spears. The American Idol judging panel is going to have conflict and chemistry, whereas the X Factor judging panel is much more... staged?

New season starts tomorrow. I'm probably gonna tune in since I usually watch the auditions since there are plenty of hilarious ones. Also I am curious as to how the new judging panel functions together (besides the obvious Mariah/Nicki bickering).

I've lost interest in this show. Though I'm not really sure why.

Tired concept? Check. Talentless people judging talent? Check. Lack of Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, or even Steven Tyler? Check and double check.
  • Like 2

Tired concept? Check. Talentless people judging talent? Check. Lack of Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, or even Steven Tyler? Check and double check.

Actually, those are some of the reasons. But there's something else, and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's my dad's constant teasing about me auditioning for the show. Though that isn't a credible reason, I'd say it's the icing on the distaste cake.

What's the age limit nowadays?

I believe the limit is 30, and the minimum is 15.

I'm very excited for tomorrow night's premiere. Nicki Minaj is my guilty pleasure; I think this panel is in its top form it's ever been in, honestly. From the previews, anyone else really digging the way they've set up the audition room? It looks so much better.

Can't believe Charlie Askew didn't make it to the Top 10. The dude was really talented in my eyes and I was rooting for him. He was something different. He isn't like all the other artists in the competition and in music generally today.