• Advertisement

Girl Meets World: aka Clappy's Dream Spin-off Come True

Clappy

Oh man I hope they were able to rope Rider Strong into doing more episodes. Shawn and Maya were so good together.

Well of course. They are the same character in essence.

Finally caught the Christmas special.  I loved it.  Probably my personal favorite Girl Meets World episode now primarily due to Shawn and Cory's mom/dad/younger brother.  The interactions were great and honestly Shawn and Maya's bonding brought a tear to my eye.  Oh and Farkle's one minute appearance was glorious too.

You've lived this long and haven't seen Boy Meets World before? How are you handling life?

The channels I watched growing up were PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network. Didn't start watching Disney Channel until I was 13.

• Like 1

To my knowledge Boy Meets World wasn't on Disney Channel.

It originally aired on ABC, but Disney Channel acquired syndication rights in October 2000, showing reruns until 2007. At least that's what Wikipedia says, but I know Wiki isn't always a reliable source.

When is season 2 even airing? It feels like they're filming super early.

Welp, question answered. Premiered last night, in an episode directed by Rider Strong no less.

Riley doing a eulogy in front of the universe and the odd fourth wall breaking seemed weird to me but I'm still really digging the show.

A whole week of new episodes, oh boy :D

Didn't watch last night's episode but I'll catch up before tonight's, no problem.

I love this show. It's fairly charming and I find it better than many other recent Disney Channel sitcoms 

Season 2 has been fantastic.  Sure all the Boy Meets World guest spots and storyline continuity have helped out a lot, but watching Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle evolve over the season has been a joy to watch too.  Easily the best live action show Disney Channel has done in a long time.

• Like 1

So I don't remember much of the original show. I had a crush on Shawn, is he still cute? I'm very slowly rewatching and I'm wondering if this show is worth my time. Or is it a standard Disney sitcom?

So I don't remember much of the original show. I had a crush on Shawn, is he still cute? I'm very slowly rewatching and I'm wondering if this show is worth my time. Or is it a standard Disney sitcom?

1.) he is still very much cute

2.) it's definitely worth a watch! there's more heart and maturity than a typical Disney show.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this show rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

I hate feeling like I'm watching an after school special instead of real characters.

But with us getting deep into season 2 I'm noticing some changes. I want to see how the high school years play out and if Feeny gets more roles.

Plus I wouldn't hate it if Auggie disappeared in season 3 to really pay tribute to "Boy Meets World" and its lackadaisical attitude towards little siblings.