• Advertisement

Girl Meets World: aka Clappy's Dream Spin-off Come True

Clappy

Lucas better get a personality soon.  They also need to tone down Farkle's character somewhat.  There were some over the top cartoonish moments from him that were very distracting.  And terminoob is right on about Riley's acting.

Otherwise, I loved the pilot.  Besides overusing the word "world", I definitely felt like this is Michael Jacobs attempt at modernizing Boy Meets World for a new generation while still servicing the fans of the original.  I hope that Girl Meets World succeeds at leaving an impact as deep as Boy Meets World did for 90's kids.

Also that preview after the pilot makes me even more excited.  Can't wait for new episodes starting July 11th.

Love this show already. Despite what others might think, I actually found Farkle scenes to be some of the best of the episode. His scenes were really funny to me and while he might have been OTT, I didn't get annoyed by him like I do with other characters of his type on Disney.

Love this show already. Despite what others might think, I actually found Farkle scenes to be some of the best of the episode. His scenes were really funny to me and while he might have been OTT, I didn't get annoyed by him like I do with other characters of his type on Disney.

I really didn't like that he went "Farkle farkle farkle" when he was sleeping, but aside from that he was great (even though that name is awful). His last scene in the subway was gold.

Does anyone else feel like the directing/editing is really off or is it just me?

Yes and no. I feel like some scenes don't fit in well with others from a show perspective. Take the most recent episode. Exactly how many times did Cory preach about Pearl Harbor? I felt like they repeated the same lesson four times. Yes it fit in well with the subject of the episode but I just felt like the editing kept repeating déjà vu.

I can also think of the whole girl with the dead fish sequence from the second episode. Did they just run out of things to include in an episode to make it 22 minutes long?

Farkle has gotten better from the pilot and I can see the Eric side to him as well. Lucas can use a little more seasoning than being just "charming southern boy". The actress who plays Maya is far more talented than the other child star cast members it's not even close.

Still love what I've seen so far.

Yes and no. I feel like some scenes don't fit in well with others from a show perspective. Take the most recent episode. Exactly how many times did Cory preach about Pearl Harbor? I felt like they repeated the same lesson four times. Yes it fit in well with the subject of the episode but I just felt like the editing kept repeating déjà vu.

I can also think of the whole girl with the dead fish sequence from the second episode. Did they just run out of things to include in an episode to make it 22 minutes long?

Farkle has gotten better from the pilot and I can see the Eric side to him as well. Lucas can use a little more seasoning than being just "charming southern boy". The actress who plays Maya is far more talented than the other child star cast members it's not even close.

Still love what I've seen so far.

I think I need to rewatch that episode, because I don't remember much of the Pearl Harbor speech (but I won't disagree with you because I'm sure it ended up weird). The scene I had in mind was actually from the second episode a little bit after the girl with the dead fish (which was a really weird joke to put in the second episode because the punchline was "you actually made it out of the door this time" which didn't really work this early in the show). The cutting they did when they split into groups was really wonky and it took me out of the episode (the part where Cory goes "Maya, you will be with-" and then it cuts, and then "And Riley, you will be with-" and then it cuts and there wasn't even a second of breathing room).

But yeah, absolutely agree on Maya. I hope she does more stuff after this show ends, because she's just fantastic. I think Farkle and Lucas are both fine enough, but holy crap the girl who plays Riley still can't act. She needs to stop smiling so much, because it makes me not believe a word she's saying.

Holy hell. That was a great episode. On par with some Boy Meets World ones.

I'm so anxious to see Cory mention Shawn to Maya, or for Maya and Shawn to meet. Every time Maya gets mad at Cory I keep expecting him to say that he had a friend like her when he was in school.

Missed it tonight but I heard great things from more than just terminoob. If it's as Maya heavy as it's implied then this will easily be the best episode so far.

Finally saw that episode and I teared up at the very end.  Easily the best episode so far and I think next week's episode has pretty good potential too.  Why couldn't Sabrina Carpenter be the focal point of the show again?

Finally saw that episode and I teared up at the very end.  Easily the best episode so far and I think next week's episode has pretty good potential too.  Why couldn't Sabrina Carpenter be the focal point of the show again?

Because then we'd've gotten Rowan Blanchard as Maya and that would've been worse.

Because then we'd've gotten Rowan Blanchard as Maya and that would've been worse.

I don't think Rowan Blanchard's acting is bad persay.  I just think she tries way too hard to have herself come off as the child of Ben Savage.  Ben Savage overacts.  Rowan Blanchard definitely is overacting a lot of the time.  Maybe I was wrong about Lucas and Farkle.  They need to tone down her character more than anyone else's.  She has to make the world hers.  Not try to be the female equivalent of young Cory Matthews.  If any of that makes sense because I still want plenty of Cory Matthews.  Just Riley being an actual character that needs to become her own.  Which means a lot less overacting.

I don't think Rowan Blanchard's acting is bad persay.  I just think she tries way too hard to have herself come off as the child of Ben Savage.  Ben Savage overacts.  Rowan Blanchard definitely is overacting a lot of the time.  Maybe I was wrong about Lucas and Farkle.  They need to tone down her character more than anyone else's.  She has to make the world hers.  Not try to be the female equivalent of young Cory Matthews.  If any of that makes sense because I still want plenty of Cory Matthews.  Just Riley being an actual character that needs to become her own.  Which means a lot less overacting.

I just don't find her at all believable when she smiles and dips her head. It doesn't seem like she's doing it for the sake of overacting since Ben Savage never had any ticks like that.

Sabrina is definitely the better actress, but I don't think Rowan Blanchaard is that bad. Her awkwardness is adorable sometimes, but I think as the series goes on, she'll improve and so will the character.

As for the last episode, I thought it was really beautiful. Corey-Maya is the one of the best things about this show, and I definitely think the Matthews should totally adopt her later on in the show.

Another great episode, even though Lucas was weirdly absent. I was so happy when Topanga said she was doing good, and the old clip of Boy Meets World was so satisfying.

Can't wait for Lee Norris next week, but if first impressions are anything to go by then his cameo is all I'll enjoy. I don't like how much Maya's mom seems like Shawn's dad.

I was a little worried when the episode started, because it resembled a second season episode of BMW a little too much. However, it went into a different direction, so my fears were ultimately unfounded. I'm glad Topanga acknowledged that she was once a crazy hippie, though, even if it did take her 20 years.

I sorta forgot about this show after the fourth episode so I got some catching up to do, but I did catch Girl Meets Flaws this past Friday and it really warms me heart to see how matured Harley's come along with age compared to his delinquent teen years and seeing just how and where his relationship with Cory stands now. And Lucas showed some more personality than what I've been used to seeing from him. Good lesson all around.