• Advertisement

Girl Meets World: aka Clappy's Dream Spin-off Come True

Clappy

What a terrible marriage. I don't buy Shawn loves Katy/Maya more than Cory. This show cut corners hard to get to this stage.

I remember when the show started people speculated Shawn and Cory's daughters would be best friends.

Now the show has finally gotten to that desperate fan service level.

Oh, and Maya was a melodramatic mess as usual.

Feeny shutting Auggie up was a bright spot I guess.

Last Maya sad sack episode tonight.

Then a fourth wall breaking question by fans episode.

Then something about Topanga moving to London and all of the Boy Meets World nostalgia coming to a head.

I see why Disney isn't picking it up for a 4th season. (And yes it's basically a done deal Katniss). The show has absolutely no story to tell and the after school special gimmick can't continue all the way through their teen years. Disney wanted something cutesy but the shipping was the only thing that ever worked up the fandom and that's been resolved. Netflix will also not pick this up, and if they do, well, bad investment.

Disney is very eager to exploit Maya's actress on some new show I'm sure they'll be developing to put her in the lead role of.

Douchey tweet by an account not ready to accept the truth. Sorry that Rider is looking at this from an objective standpoint.

"coming soon"? You don't even know when soon is.

It's going back and forth like this that is making the naive fandom a complete mess. This should've been the first tweet you made. It would've been PROFESSIONAL.

God the Twitter explosion is cancerous and if I hear one more person scream "MOVE TO FREEFORM" I'll shoot my head off. That's not part of reality.

While I agree that Disney fucked up majorly treating this like another Dog With a Blog that they could put down with no resistance, I kind of can't not root for the Season 4 tantrums to fall on deaf ears.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/girl-meets-world-cancelled.html

http://www.avclub.com/article/worlds-girls-ripped-asunder-disney-cancels-girl-me-247964

Dumpster Fire Channel has decided that it doesn't want GMW to go into mature themes.

If nostalgia guest stars are the only highlight of the series finale, that's pretty insulting to the core four newbies.

Oh well, only DXD exists now. :)

18 hours ago, Hayden said:

"Topanga-heavy spinoff"

What. I don't remember Topanga appearing any more than the other leads. I feel like whoever wrote that doesn't know anything more about the show than its name. Either way, it sucks that it got cancelled.

“There are talks underway, but we’re at the very very beginning stages,” series creator Michael Jacobs tells TVLine. “And I can tell you it’s because of the audience’s reaction to the cancellation that there is interest in other places. For anyone in show business, if you ask them why they’re doing something and they say they’re doing it for themselves, they won’t sustain long. Those that answer ‘We’re doing it for the audience’ and mean it, they sustain.”

....Are we in the age of the internet where Twitter outrage actually has impact? This could easily just be more yanking fans around on a rope. But Disney must be getting cocky if they let money makers get taken from them so easily.