• Advertisement

Nickelodeon Good or Bad?

Steel Sponge

Who've never seen it.

I agree with you, Storytime. Nickelodeon makes some pretty stupid decisions that leave tons of fans heartbroken.

I concur. There simply are fewer programs worth watching. I tune in these days for Spongebob, ICarly (though I admit the quality is abating/subsiding because of the recent bizarre storylines and to-a-fault randomness) and Penguins of Madagascar (however, I cover episodes on YouTube). I was (emphasis on "was") more accustomed to CN, but that network has also gone to the dogs 49943.gif

Here's my idea of a Fanboy and Chum Chum series finale:

Ok, so title is "The Gun Never Stops". The two primary characters purchase caliber pistols from a weapons shop. I will proceed with dialogue-

Fanboy: Hey, let's shoot each other!

Chum Chum: Okay!

*both fire repeatedly until both collapse on the sidewalk dead with their blood soon forming puddles on the sidewalk*

428899.gif

I concur. There simply are fewer programs worth watching. I tune in these days for Spongebob, ICarly (though I admit the quality is abating/subsiding because of the recent bizarre storylines and to-a-fault randomness) and Penguins of Madagascar (however, I cover episodes on YouTube). I was (emphasis on "was") more accustomed to CN, but that network has also gone to the dogs 49943.gif

Ok, so title is "The Gun Never Stops". The two primary characters purchase caliber pistols from a weapons shop. I will proceed with dialogue-

*both fire repeatedly until both collapse on the sidewalk dead with their blood soon forming puddles on the sidewalk*

428899.gif

LOL! That'd be a cool ending for that show. 428899.gif

428899.gif

386429.gif That's the spirit.

I actually like Fanboy and Chum Chum. A lot of people seem to hate it just because it's CGI, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. The characters have a squat-n-stretch animation style, and the voice acting is pretty good if you ask me.

I actually like Fanboy and Chum Chum. A lot of people seem to hate it just because it's CGI, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. The characters have a squat-n-stretch animation style, and the voice acting is pretty good if you ask me.

To be honest not all CGI shows are bad, Jimmy Neutron was a good show, I don't like Fanboy and Chum Chum because it doesn't entertain me at all and I view it as a complete DISGRACE to the classic nicktoons, it just makes me sick.

I miss the old Nick. Well, this is probably different to the USA, but here when I was a lot younger, Nick was amazing. It played Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Saved By The Bell and other old sitcoms like that every evening, and I used to watch way past my bed time (up till 10pm 428899.gif) and I loved it. Plus, the red button games used to be amazing. I always remember this one game when you work in a cinema, and have to deal with annoying customers, while watching the channel on the "movie screen". 428899.gif That's not to do with Nick as much but I just miss those awesome red button games.

Also, I loved Nicktoons. Back when Rugrats and The Wild Thornberries still played loads. Sure, by that time Rugrats had ended (this was about 2003/4) but they still played it loads, and lots of other awesome shows that I miss, and are unfortunately not availible on DVD.

Then, the thing I hate about Nick the most now is the bloody website. Years ago, I used to LOVE nick.com. It was the shizz; a million times better than the Nick.co.uk website. I once got my whole class obsessed with the nick.com website. It was amazing. The nickpages, the fun games (I spent so much time playing SB Dunces and Dragons, this Zoey 101 dancing Chase thing, and Fairly Odd Parents: Rhythmn Revolution) and most of all the forums.

Nowdays, it's SpongeBob all day (crap episodes, or the same old episode replayed), rubbish shows like Fanboy and Victorious (tbh though I'm getting in to Victorious) and Nicktoons plays "new" shows that suck. Also, Nick replaced the late night shows with Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, this crap show that started on another Childrens channel in England ages ago. I think it's English anyway. Now though, they're playing good shows like Catscratch. At 3am. Sorry, but I only stayed up that late in the summer holidays. Why play it on a school day? I'm not fucking nocturnal. Also, the Nick.com website is now atrocious.

Sorry about this long rant, it's over now.

I miss the old Nick. Well, this is probably different to the USA, but here when I was a lot younger, Nick was amazing. It played Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Saved By The Bell and other old sitcoms like that every evening, and I used to watch way past my bed time (up till 10pm 428899.gif) and I loved it. Plus, the red button games used to be amazing. I always remember this one game when you work in a cinema, and have to deal with annoying customers, while watching the channel on the "movie screen". 428899.gif That's not to do with Nick as much but I just miss those awesome red button games.

Also, I loved Nicktoons. Back when Rugrats and The Wild Thornberries still played loads. Sure, by that time Rugrats had ended (this was about 2003/4) but they still played it loads, and lots of other awesome shows that I miss, and are unfortunately not availible on DVD.

Then, the thing I hate about Nick the most now is the bloody website. Years ago, I used to LOVE nick.com. It was the shizz]

You're amazing, man.

The things I hate about Nick these days are that they depend on iCarly for everything. If I iCarly was never born, they'd have no reason to make more live action crap, because I've noticed that Victorious and Big Time Rush co-exist in the iCarly world, what with the Pear Phones and Wahoo Punch and such.

The things I hate about Nick these days are that they depend on iCarly for everything. If I iCarly was never born, they'd have no reason to make more live action crap, because I've noticed that Victorious and Big Time Rush co-exist in the iCarly world, what with the Pear Phones and Wahoo Punch and such.
Didn't the pear thing start with Zoey 101? Even though that didn't have a laugh track (which is why I prefer it slightly).

Didn't the pear thing start with Zoey 101? Even though that didn't have a laugh track (which is why I prefer it slightly).

No, I don't think so... the iPhone wasn't even around at that time... I dunno, I'll research it later.

Most people bailed in 2005 after Spongebob started going downhill (and because Rugrats and Hey Arnold were cancelled in 2004) but some people stayed, I think this "Fred the Movie" thing might be the final straw for me. I'll just look for where to watch the Spongebob episodes online, (i'll still try to record "Buried in Time" though) but if they make one more live action show, fuck it i'm out.