• Advertisement

Adele

Ron

Love Adele and this song. I thought she was taking a break from music though?

Apparently not; maybe the 18-month gap between 21 and this song was the break. :P

Or, this could be a completely separate song not on an album. I have no clue.

This song is actually the title song from the new James Bond film (just like "Live and Let Die" and "Goldfinger" were)

I heard she's also releasing it as her own personal single, though (considering it really is all her; Paul Epstein, who also wrote Rolling in the Deep with her, and her are the writers and producers).

Bumping because her first single from her long delayed 25 album is coming out tomorrow.  It's titled Hello.

Definitely going to listen because I do like her....but yeah I still don't love her three years after my initial post above.  I'm not looking forward to her long awaited return because Adele won't be nearly as big of a breath of fresh air in this pop music climate where we already have too many soulful pop singers like Sam Smith, Sia, etc.

Maybe Adele's act will have evolved into more than just soul pop but I doubt it based off of all the messages she has been hinting.

Me and my friend read the track listing and blech it sounds so indie-trash. Really hate this whole indie craze happening right now. It's not even indie- It's just shitty pop rock (Adele isn't pop rock of course, it's just pop. And I literally feel nothing towards Adele besides apathy.)

Me and my friend read the track listing and blech it sounds so indie-trash. Really hate this whole indie craze happening right now. It's not even indie- It's just shitty pop rock (Adele isn't pop rock of course, it's just pop. And I literally feel nothing towards Adele besides apathy.)

Adele is an independent artist and that makes sense because she is from an independent record label. In terms of her music, I wouldn't consider it "indie," and even if she gets slapped with the "indie" label from some people, that doesn't mean I can't find her enjoyable.

I do appreciate your opinion, but because these modern indie bands/singers and their independent record labels have been getting all this buzz these days doesn't mean ALL modern "indie music" is trash.

On Adele's upcoming album, I have some hopes that she would still bring something interesting to the table. I'm not big on her, but I still have hopes that it's not underwhelming.

91db9fbc17537d86cf5b422c9ad8e734.gif

Adele is an independent artist and that makes sense because she is from an independent record label. In terms of her music, I wouldn't consider it "indie," and even if she gets slapped with the "indie" label from some people, that doesn't mean I can't find her enjoyable.

I do appreciate your opinion, but because these modern indie bands/singers and their independent record labels have been getting all this buzz these days doesn't mean ALL modern "indie music" is trash.

On Adele's upcoming album, I have some hopes that she would still bring something interesting to the table. I'm not big on her, but I still have hopes that it's not underwhelming.

Yeah, it's pretty much all shit in my opinion (or what I know of at the moment). Killers used to be good, became shit due to indie trash. Imagine Dragons suck. Coldplay could kind of be considered that and they're decent. Anyways, I'll go listen to Chevelle, Deftones, old AFI, Misfits, Pennywise, The Fall Of Troy, and At The Drive-In. 

I also didn't know Adele was an independent artist anyway. I just want to avoid this new indie stuff like the plague. 

Edited by CyanideFishbone

inigo_montoya_zpsa4048b47.gif

Yeah, it's pretty much all shit in my opinion (or what I know of at the moment). Killers used to be good, became shit due to indie trash. Imagine Dragons suck. Coldplay could kind of be considered that and they're decent. Anyways, I'll go listen to Chevelle, Deftones, old AFI, Misfits, Pennywise, The Fall Of Troy, and At The Drive-In. 

I also didn't know Adele was an independent artist anyway. I just want to avoid this new indie stuff like the plague. 

Alright, you got the Killers' early stuff down, but as long as you'll keep saying all modern "indie" music is trash....

The National, The Arctic Monkeys, The Dead Weather, Death From Above 1979, Franz Ferdinand, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Foals, Florence and the Machine, all these well-known indie/independent record label bands at the top of my head that have been around since the last decade, I dare you to call them trash, but I suggest giving them a shot (or a second chance if you're already familiar with any of these bands) and try to understand why these bands get as much praise. You don't have to be a fan of them, but you don't have to automatically hate them either. It wouldn't hurt to at least like some of their music. With all that said, that's all I can say for you about indie music for now.

Edited by Steel Sponge