• Advertisement

So. California Earthquake Swarms

Sauce Mama

For the past week, there have been reports of over 300 earthquakes that have been shaking SoCal. They have been centered east of San Diego, and the highest magnitude measured a good 5.5. This has been the strongest swarm in 30 years and could go on for more days. I live about 3 hours away from the San Diego area, that's pretty darn far, but maybe this is what Sofiagirl was talking about in the "Small Earthquake" thread. I'm sure as heck glad I'm not in the middle of all these. Has anyone else heard about this?

I live around twelve miles away from Los Angeles; felt a strong 4.4 earthquake not too long ago (you can verify with hilaryfan80, I was chatting with him when it happened :P). Hopefully this isn't an indicator of the "big one" that the public school system has been drilling us for for years...

I live around twelve miles away from Los Angeles; felt a strong 4.4 earthquake not too long ago (you can verify with hilaryfan80, I was chatting with him when it happened :P). Hopefully this isn't an indicator of the "big one" that the public school system has been drilling us for for years...

I am genuinely scared about "The Big One". What the heck is that gonna be like. I don't know I have a feeling that it's coming though. ://

I am genuinely scared about "The Big One". What the heck is that gonna be like. I don't know I have a feeling that it's coming though. ://

I seriously hope Los Angeles as a city is ready, especially downtown, where all the skyscrapers are. Did you know not one building fell during the nearly-9.0 Tokyo earthquake last year? I have a feeling that the outdated buildings there may not see the same fate...

lol speak of the devil...

Another earthquake centered in Yorba Linda. 4.1, and resulted in a full-scale evacuation in all of the schools in our district.

So, yeah. That's where we're at right now. :unsure:

Oh man! I hope everyones ok. Stay safe, bro. Did you feel it?

Oh man! I hope everyones ok. Stay safe, bro. Did you feel it?

Yeah. We were working in groups on an experiment when it just abruptly started rolling back and forth. We heard the lights moving above us, and the doors started rattling. Of course, we all went under the table and then were evacuated. They've really improved their evacuation process, though; last year, there was an enormous explosion across the street (that thankfully didn't damage the school or hurt any student) that knocked out our power. Part of our school is underground (and I was in one of the lower floor-classes) and we were waddling in pitch black. Just getting out of the building was horrible (not to mention scary as hell, considering we all thought the explosion had been in the building; everyone thought the next Columbine might happen soon), but then the evacuation process was worse. Took two hours for my mom to pick me up because we weren't allowed to leave upper-floor classrooms.

Woah, way off-topic. xD

Yeah. We were working in groups on an experiment when it just abruptly started rolling back and forth. We heard the lights moving above us, and the doors started rattling. Of course, we all went under the table and then were evacuated. They've really improved their evacuation process, though; last year, there was an enormous explosion across the street (that thankfully didn't damage the school or hurt any student) that knocked out our power. Part of our school is underground (and I was in one of the lower floor-classes) and we were waddling in pitch black. Just getting out of the building was horrible (not to mention scary as hell, considering we all thought the explosion had been in the building; everyone thought the next Columbine might happen soon), but then the evacuation process was worse. Took two hours for my mom to pick me up because we weren't allowed to leave upper-floor classrooms.

Woah, way off-topic. xD

Ohh man! That sounds horrible! ;O

I'm not feeling any of these quakes, despite being close to them. And for the people that are if an earthquake does happen in San Diego, there was barely and damage when the Easter quake happened, so they'll be fine. I wonder if I'd have to evacuate my school because of a quake. I mean, if an accident did happen, my school would be awful. When a lockdown happened last year, there was endless traffic, and it was a mess.

Update, I hope this isn't indication of the "big one" that's pretty much scheduled to hit CA pretty soon. With some outdated buildings and faults going right through the state, I can't say this looks good.