• Advertisement

Shooting at "Dark Knight Rises" midnight screening leaves 14 dead, 50 injured

shin

I'm not living my life in fear of this happening again. I still plan on going out to the movies and enjoying myself. Just because this happened doesn't mean you should live your life in fear of this happening to you.

As for the death penalty, I think this guy deserves it. Sure it is inhumane, but after watching all these stories and reading all these reports, I feel like it is perfectly clear that he had an idea what he was doing and that he had this all planned out for months. It's not like he woke up the morning before the shootings and felt that he should go kill innocent people. No way is that insanity when he went as far as to pre-plan all of this. The death penalty should only be used on rare circumstances. I feel like this is one of them. But that is just my opinion and I guess it makes me a cruel person to hope that this guy gets what he deserves.

Did any of you guys see the court hearing this morning? He looked so weird, and like baffled. His expression seemed uneasy and he kept making faces as if he were high or something, wtf..there's definitely something wrong with him... and that red/orange hair..even creepier..

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-aurora-shooting-james-holmes-court-20120723,0,3068345.story

He looks more scarred to me than anything. But the hair? That's just strange and in bad taste. Same with the nicknaming. This is the problem with the media: They take a gravely serious case like this, and then almost make it seem cartoonish.

Did any of you guys see the court hearing this morning? He looked so weird, and like baffled. His expression seemed uneasy and he kept making faces as if he were high or something, wtf..there's definitely something wrong with him... and that red/orange hair..even creepier..

http://www.latimes.c...0,3068345.story

I think it further supports the idea that he is schizophernic. He was doing fine until 60 days before the murder, when he suddenly got failing grades and began the process of withdrawing from the university. I would say his paranoid shizophrenia took over and high intelligence allowed him to come up with a sophisticated way to defeat his "rivals". If the court confirms this, they're not going to put him on death row because that would disregard the 8th amendment. Personally, I approve of the death penalty, but in this case, the suspect is not an aggressive sociopath and seems to have a true mental illness. Like I said, placing him in an asylum could be the most suitable punishment. At least that would make him no longer a threat to society.
  • Like 1

People like this make me realize how messed up this world is. Can't go to a movie without some idiot like this. I don't care if he's mental, if he is, he had a very detailed plan.

I usually don't tell personal stories but this I guess is public anyway. You actually may remember this story as it was all over the news 7 years ago and I remember like it was yesterday. I was involved in a Church shooting in March 2005. 7 people killed and many injured from one gunman who came to my church's services on day. He left during the sermon got a gun & bullets,and came back and rapidly firing at people in my church. 6 of my friends killed. One of the scariest days of my life...

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-679823.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7167861/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/relatives-struggle-answers-after-shooting/

Just shows you that this world is messed up

It's scary. We all have this sense of security in certain places, but when it comes down to it, we're not safe anywhere.

I absolutely agree. You're not safe in your workplace when there's a possibility a plane's going to slam into it. You're not safe riding the subway because there's a possibility it's going to be blown up. You're not safe in the movie theater because there's a possibility you're going to get shot. You're not safe going to the supermarket because there's a possibility someone there will shoot you as well.

I really am favor of anti-gun laws.

Wow... that is just so depressing. What messed up person would do this? I hope the police officers caught him and threw him in jail already. All those people wanted to do was see a movie that interested them. I feel bad for those innocent people... may they rest in peace. Hearing stories like this gets me all scared and paranoid, I can't sleep at night anymore because of what's going on in the world and how it's messed up... and I can't help it but think every time a random person might jump out at me and shoot wherever I am with my family. It's a terrible thought... :unsure: I'm terrified of the outside world now.