• Advertisement

Shooting at "Dark Knight Rises" midnight screening leaves 14 dead, 50 injured

shin

Damn, he actually had his apartment rigged up with incendiaries, chemicals, explosives etc. He also blasted music in his apartment before leaving, which according to the news I'm watching, in hopes that somebody would complain and have somebody go to his room, thus setting them off. Truly something out of the Joker's book. Gawd, I hate to make a Batman comparison at this time.

This guy had some wicked intent.

Even scarier is some of the reports claim that he was dressed as the Joker.

Even scarier is some of the reports claim that he was dressed as the Joker.

I guess it contributed to their decision to not allow people in costumes to watch the movie theaters, and it's understandable at this time. The whole situation of how it all may have went down is pretty fucked up just thinking about it. People thinking it was an elaborate promotional stunt on the producer's part or somebody else staging their own skit as a joke and actually playing along with it before it was too late. It's just all sorts of messed up to think what may have went through their heads at the time.

that's pretty tragic night

A dark night.

reg_634.jamesholmes.mh.072012.jpg

He LOOKS repulsive. Someone ought to shoot him.

Is that actually him? Because if it is, the media screwed up. They should've blurred his face and retracted all information about him; if they absolutely had to release his information to the general public (for whatever reason) they should've done it post-conviction. If he actually is mentally unstable, then chances are he wanted all this attention to gain infamy (it's much easier to be infamous than famous); no person in their right mind could pull a trigger on a person, and this guy shot a child in the stomach in addition to everyone else he shot. They're giving him what he wants.

Speaking of the media being stupid: http://gamepolitics.com/2012/07/20/cnn-contributor-theorizes-video-games-may-be-connected-colorado-shooting

Perhaps he's a man who just wants to watch the world burn.

This guy must've had a really bad day like the character he tried to emulate in order to go about all of this. He's a highly educated man, giving student lectures just a few months ago, conducting top-notch research into cancer, and he even secured himself a paying job at the university he was attending before he made his withdrawal. Something in him really must've snapped to just throw that all away.

And some people need to fucking lay off the video game industry. Just look at Jack Thompson.

Or you can be a lil rebel and just stream it. Nevertheless, the only time I get out of the house for time to myself is when I go to the mall and watch movies so I'm still watching TDKR on Sunday. I'm not gonna let this tragic event make me live my life in fear.

My mom thinks he may have undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenia. The dude had no previous criminal record and pretended to be the Joker by not only claiming it to police, but rigging his apartment with a complex network of booby traps. He clearly suffered a bout of psychosis that made him lose touch with the real world. Not sure what set him off, but I do know that if he's found guilty, then he'll probably land in a mental hospital or asylum.

Nevertheless, this is such a tragedy and my prayers go out to the victims' families.

Y'all should read my post. Not that I'm defending the suspect, but randomly shooting people inside a theater and booby trapping an apartment while pretending to be the Joker points more towards psychotic rather than sociopathic behavior.

I heard the guy had a PhD in neuroscience. He could've freaking made something of himself. But no, I guess shooting innocent people sounded more fun to him.

Like I said, being infamous is easier than being famous.

Either way, he was still very conscious and well-aware of his own actions and he should either get a life sentence or a death sentence.

I don't believe in the Death Penalty.

And this guy, like SG said needs to be sentenced to time in an insane assulym.

The death penalty is completely appropriate when you're dealing with someone who kills children. But like Elastic said, another topic for another day.