• Advertisement

Princess Diana

Ron

I'm not sure if there's already a topic about her, but I recently became interested in her. I wasn't alive when she passed on, and the most I knew about her was that she'd died in a car accident and the entire globe mourned. From what I've read, she was a fashion icon, universally loved, intensely interested in charity, and continued to be a part of the Royal Family even after divorcing from Prince Charles.

What I feel is so different about this death is that is was violent. With past celebrity deaths (Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, for example) they were medically related deaths. With Diana, it was destructive and in your face and a direct result of the paparazzi (I also read that the driver was intoxicated at the time, but I don't know if that's true). A car accident, which is a fairly common event, made her look so human, when she'd been viewed as something out of a movie.

She was brought to my attention by Lady Gaga's new song, Princess Die (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1exfjrTls2k) which supposedly details Diana's death with the lyrics: "I wish that I would go / In my rich boyfriend’s limo / Right after he proposed / With a 16-carat stone wrapped in rose gold / With the paparazzi all swarming around."

Of course, there also theorists who bring up possibilities that she was murdered, the involvement of M16 (Britain's foreign intelligence agency), that she was pregnant at the time and was killed to cover it up, a mysterious bright flash that blinded the body, a white Fiat crashed against the Mercedes, which then caused the crash, the occupants of the car were wearing seat belts and were sabotaged, et cetera.

Thoughts?

People will always spin their conspiracy theories on what happened, but I always go by the principle of Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. Therefore, it was simply an accident.

Definitely a tragic death, regardless.

I don't remember much about her since I was one year old when it happened. But I do hear that she was a genuine, classy lady. Very sad to hear about her tragic death.

This, pretty much. My parents were particular fans of her, so I've heard a lot of about her over the years. It's pretty terrible what happened, but I think we've gotten to the point where we can move beyond it and focus on the newest members of the royal family.

Well, I think you can say that the death of Michael Jackson is also caused by the paparazzi. He was pressured so much by all the people that wanted his money (that he had earned becouse of his beautiful talents), that he could not fall asleep at night. That's why he died. He needed too much medication to fall asleep, he was not able to live anymore. I thought he and Diana had a beautiful friendship as well. They could actually relate to each other in a way that is far beyond just being famous. They were like Gods.