• Advertisement

Monsters University

Clappy

Saw an advanced screening of this last night.

It is, in my opinion, the most perfect movie Pixar has ever made.

Sorry to correct you, but don't you mean closest to perfect? Something can't be more or most perfect, it's a state of absolution, there's no comparitivity.

• Like 1

Well, obviously I'm excited ;P

Spoiler
625562_4948229495930_394275116_n.jpg

(hehe Now that We're Men music plays at 0:28 xD)

Will be watching this, hopefully at the movie theater, although my lame friends are not too fond of animated movies v.v but yeah, this looks like it's gonna be funny and good on it's own right and gotta say, the animation looks so beautiful...but I'm gonna miss Boo :(

• Like 2

Well, obviously I'm excited ;P

Spoiler
625562_4948229495930_394275116_n.jpg

the animation looks so beautiful...but I'm gonna miss Boo :(

I lol'd at the pic.

As for Boo...

Saw it again last night and it's just as perfect as it was the first time I saw it.

The animation on "The Blue Umbrella" was absolutely breathtaking. I kept having to tell myself it was an animated short because it looked almost too life-like.

Don't know when I'm going to catch this, but it could be on a rainy day when I'm in Orlando and it would be even more awesome if I watched it at Disney World.

Realistically though, I think I'll see this when I get back.

I saw it finally and I could consider it better than the original possibly. It had me at twists and turns and even left me with my mouth open at one point. The designs just take your breath away. The only joke I probably didn't like was the slug monster being late to school, other than that it was good.

Hopefully you guys won't mock me like my girlfriend did

Oh man, the designs. The campus was stunning. The amount of detail that went into the buildings was astounding; especially the Scare School. God, it was so beautiful. The art outside, the statues, the busts of the past deans, the room itself.

The character designs were mind-blowing, too. The fact that they had so many was just... wow. Designing an entire student body and not having any design feel repetitive, plus new scarers and side-characters, and the fact that they had an average of 50 monsters per scene is just... dang.

The climax was superb and so well done, and I thought the message conveyed was really... different for a children's film, but since this is a movie also intended for the people that were kids for Monster's Inc (ie: the people now going into college/already in college) it made a lot of sense, and it's good that kids will know it now instead of later. Sorta.

Random other things that were perfect:

- The students rubbing the foot of the statue outside of the Scare School. I think I was the only person in the theater last night that understood it and I thought it was super clever and great.

- The name of the professor of Can Design. I'm really glad the writers were able to put that in (although in 10-15 years the kids who just saw this movie will make a new list of "adult humor in Pixar movies" and this will be on it and someone will go "NO WAY HOW DID I MISS THAT")

- Nathan Fillion as Johnny Worthington was amazing casting.

- MU Greek life in general made real life Greek life a travesty.

- The library

- The soundtrack

- The everything else

• Like 1

The only joke I probably didn't like was the slug monster being late to school, other than that it was good.

Then you shouldn't have stayed until the end of the end credits to get the joke. Luckily, it's on YouTube :P

Oh man, the designs. The campus was stunning. The amount of detail that went into the buildings was astounding; especially the Scare School. God, it was so beautiful. The art outside, the statues, the busts of the past deans, the room itself.

The character designs were mind-blowing, too. The fact that they had so many was just... wow. Designing an entire student body and not having any design feel repetitive, plus new scarers and side-characters, and the fact that they had an average of 50 monsters per scene is just... dang.

The climax was superb and so well done, and I thought the message conveyed was really... different for a children's film, but since this is a movie also intended for the people that were kids for Monster's Inc (ie: the people now going into college/already in college) it made a lot of sense, and it's good that kids will know it now instead of later. Sorta.

- The students rubbing the foot of the statue outside of the Scare School. I think I was the only person in the theater last night that understood it and I thought it was super clever and great.

- The name of the professor of Can Design. I'm really glad the writers were able to put that in (although in 10-15 years the kids who just saw this movie will make a new list of "adult humor in Pixar movies" and this will be on it and someone will go "NO WAY HOW DID I MISS THAT")

- The library

- The soundtrack

- The everything else

...Can I make fun of you like your girlfriend did now?

- The library

- The soundtrack

- The everything else

Ha ha, it's a freaking kids movie you dork, get over yourself

I'm kidding, I want to watch this movie now thanks to this.

It is, in my opinion, the most perfect movie Pixar has ever made.

I saw it yesterday, and yeah i have to agree with terminoob here. The movie was amazing, definitely my favorite pixar movie. I loved everything about it.

Oh and the fact there was Charlie Day playing a pseudo-main-character.