• Advertisement

Wreck-It-Ralph

terminoob

Apologies if this was already made. Search said it wasn't, so I'm assuming it hasn't.

WreckitRalph-newTodayPhotosfull1.jpg

New Disney movie coming out November 2nd. Stars John C. Reily, Jane Lynch, Jack McBryer and Sarah Silverman. It's kind of like Who Framed Roger Rabbit (incidentally my favorite movie), in the sense that all video games sort of take place in the same "world", like all cartoon characters in Roger Rabbit live in the same place. I'm unbelievably excited for this, and the fact that Disney was allowed to use a bunch of already existing characters just makes me more excited (two characters I'm particularly excited about seeing that aren't shown in that picture are Dr. Eggman and Bowser). The part that really excites me is that there's going to be a first-person part (I'm still not really sure if it's just going to be part of an adventure or if it's the main focus), which is going to be really interesting to see animated (...I'm obsessed with animation, sue me <_<).

Holy shit, is that Chun-Li and Zangief in the background? I'm so watching this.

And Bowser and Eggman in the trailer! And that orange ghost from Pac-Man whose name escapes me at the moment! And Q-Bert!

Normally I would complain about how unimpressive the voice cast is, but dear sweet baby Jesus that preview had me nerding out.

I gotta good feeling I'll be seeing this.

Normally I would complain about how unimpressive the voice cast is, but dear sweet baby Jesus that preview had me nerding out.

I gotta good feeling I'll be seeing this.

To be fair, a lot of animated movies nowadays have underwhelming VAs since the company just gets well known actors instead of well known VAs (like, say, Tara Strong) because people are more inclined to go "Wow! One of my favorite actors/actresses is in this?! I have to see it!" if they see big names attached to it regardless of how well they actually voice act (Madagascar series being the worst culprit of this, especially after Chris Rock wouldn't stop shitting on voice acting at the Oscars). I'd thoroughly enjoy it more if they got unknown actors/actresses to play the parts, but as it stands the cast seems fairly decent (Jack and Jane make up for John and Sarah, at least for me).

To be fair, a lot of animated movies nowadays have underwhelming VAs since the company just gets well known actors instead of well known VAs (like, say, Tara Strong) because people are more inclined to go "Wow! One of my favorite actors/actresses is in this?! I have to see it!" if they see big names attached to it regardless of how well they actually voice act (Madagascar series being the worst culprit of this, especially after Chris Rock wouldn't stop shitting on voice acting at the Oscars). I'd thoroughly enjoy it more if they got unknown actors/actresses to play the parts, but as it stands the cast seems fairly decent (Jack and Jane make up for John and Sarah, at least for me).

Good Point.

I can't wait for this to come out! Do you think they got the rights to Sonic, Mario, and or Pac Man?

I don't really think they'd serve a purpose in a movie centered around the villains of video games. They got the villains of those franchises, which is probably all they wanted.