• Advertisement

Grammys 2012

Ron

Thoughts? I loved Paul and Adele. :3 Other performances were meh.

Lady Gaga is just doing this to herself. No way in hell Born This Way could've gone against 21, ESPECIALLY in the order it was presented. The erratic singles chronology (Born This Way, Judas, EOG, You and I, Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover) is what's making her suffer. Since Born This Way, she hasn't had a huge hit, of which The Fame and The Fame Monster were riddled with. I think she would've done far better had she released them as: Born This Way, Marry the Night, Scheiße, Judas, Hair, You and I, Edge of Glory and then be done. She's putting way too much time and focus into this album, when its quality is way lower than her previous two. Hopefully her next album is far better, and in an ideal world, would feature several unreleased songs (Out of Control, Reloaded, Second Time Around, No Way). One can dream...

Adele was amazing and totally cleaned house.

Katy Perry was a psuedo Gaga, and it was that one new song that's supposed to capture everyone's attention with its catchy lyrics and addictive beat. BTW did it better last year.

Paul was awthuuuummmm.

Jennifer did justice.

Kelly was great.

Nicki Minaj was shit.

Adele was amazing. While I am not as big a fan of her as I once was, I still give her credit for coming back from throat microsurgery and still having such a powerful voice. She deserved to win as many Grammys as she did. 2011 was her year without a doubt.

Bon Iver is amazing as well and I am glad his work got recognized as well. I've known about them for quite some time and I am glad that he is finally getting some recognition. Indie folk rock ftw!

Otherwise, I only saw bits and pieces of this years Grammys since I worked during it.

-Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Bruno Mars going home empty handed was surprising. Then again, Adele had a far superior year in the music industry in 2011, so I guess it shouldn't be as shocking. Maybe next year.

-I was amazed by Katy Perry's new song Part of Me. I thought it was really good and a major FU to Russell Brand. Seriously Russel?

katy-perry-cleavage-victorias-secre.jpg

-Chris Brown's performance amused me. I really like his new song "Turn Up The Music" but it was the fact that he was jumping around on blocks reminded me of one of my favorite video games from my childhood. Q*bert FTW!

-Jennifer Hudson by far had the performance of the night. Her rendition of Whitney Houston's "I'll Always Love You" was incredibly powerful. Sometimes, it's the lack of theatricals that makes a performance memorable. This was one of those occasions.

-Nicki Minaj...Roman Zolanski...whatever the hell your name is. Where oh where do I begin? Her exorcism was just annoying. A terrible performance and just theatrics instead of music. You are offensive Miss Minaj, but not in the way you want us to think you are.

As for the others, I can't really say. I know I missed a hell of a lot more of the Grammys like Paul McCartney and Kelly Clarkson for example. I'll get around to watching them eventually.

I don't normally watch the Grammys, but since nothing else was on, I decided to check it out.

Anyway, I thought LL Cool J did a decent job of hosting. Adele was great & I'm happy she won so many awards. Katy Perry's performance was pretty good too & her song "Part of Me" was catchy. Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston was amazing. As for the rest of the performances, they were okay, but Nicki Minjai... let's just say I wasn't impressed. :l

So I was just on YouTube showing Nicki Minaj's terrible performance to a friend of mine when I found something interesting in the comment section....

This isn't even garbage. This is just.. atrocious. Horrible. This just PROVES that Nicki Minaj is talentless.

I bet lady gaga was like "the fuck is she doing?!".

Since I am not that big on YouTube users, tvguy is that you??? :P

Glad Adele won as much as she did.

Bon Iver's acceptance speech sounded like "It's hard for me to accept this because now this makes me mainstream".

I was afraid Lady Gaga was gonna turn into a giant dragon and attack a prince.

Chris Brown played some Q-Bert. That was cool, I guess.

FOO FIGHTERS FUCKING ROCKED. Can't believe Dave Grohl got cut off for Party Rock Anthem and Ryan Seacrest.

Loved NPH's appearance.

Paul was great.

Nicki Minaj was as stupid as her name.

Jennifer Hudson was pretty stellar.

Maroon 5 sounded awful, Foster the People didn't sound any better, and the Beachie Boys shouldn't be giving those "come hither" eyes or wear that much jewelry (side note: Adam Levine looked so unhappy when he got pulled on to sing with them).

Civil War was pretty good.

Taylor Swift thinks a banjo is a guitar.

FOO FIGHTERS AND DEADMAU5 ROCKED AS MUCH AS THE FOO FIGHTERS' ORIGINAL PERFORMANCE. So glad they got a good number of Grammys.

Chris Brown winning R&B was lulzy. I hope they know he's not an R&B singer, nor was that even close to an R&B album.

Coldplay had a stupid background.