• Advertisement

I kind of love how

Wumbo

Honestly, I'm sick of grouping the episodes into "good" and "bad" groups. There are some from the "classic" era that I find godawful, and others from "post-classic" that I find amazing.

Has there been a decline, in general? Of course there has. I think that the show peaked at Season 2, then plummeted in Season 5, then rose up to about Season 4 standards now, maybe slightly higher even. This doesn't mean that all the episodes in Season 5 are bad (Sing a Song of Patrick, New Digs) and it also doesn't mean that all the Season 2 episodes are excellent (I think Squid's Day Off is offensively weird and boring at the same time). I prefer to judge each episode by the episode, rather than the era it's in.

Guest ssj4gogita4

I will agree that seasons 1, 2, and 3 are great and even 4 was pretty good but 5 and somewhat 6 is where it declined badly, imo. Some of the worst episodes ever to be thought of were in those seasons. Season 7 is where I think it picks up being great again. Maybe that's why they have a complete season 7 :P Jk... Season 8 isn't all that bad, either.

Yeah, these "discussions" about the show "not being as good as it used to" are getting old at this point.

In my opinion the newest episodes actually do have the season 3 touch we know and love. The only difference is SpongeBob's character is stupider (I don't care if that's a word or not).

So yeah, season 8 is definitely a lot more watchable than season 4 or 5.

I will agree that seasons 1, 2, and 3 are great and even 4 was pretty good but 5 and somewhat 6 is where it declined badly, imo. Some of the worst episodes ever to be thought of were in those seasons. Season 7 is where I think it picks up being great again. Maybe that's why they have a complete season 7 :P Jk... Season 8 isn't all that bad, either.

omg ssj this is officially the greatest forum ever

Also, all generalizations are wrong. SpongeBob is still the best show on Nick right now, and even the "nostalgic freaks" will have to agree with that.

I think we're kind of straying away from the point here, which is partly my fault. The point is that just because a member says they don't like the newer seasons as much, you don't have to call them out as being a nostalgic.

Guest ssj4gogita4
omg ssj this is officially the greatest forum ever

Also, all generalizations are wrong. SpongeBob is still the best show on Nick right now, and even the "nostalgic freaks" will have to agree with that.

greatest forum ever? Lulz. So many more that are better that are not even spongebob related :P

Also, I want to know how many nostalgic freaks will agree with that? Pretty sure more will say spongebob is a good show but still 80s/90s nick was and still is better than today.

I think we're kind of straying away from the point here, which is partly my fault. The point is that just because a member says they don't like the newer seasons as much, you don't have to call them out as being a nostalgic.

Edited my post. Sorry, I wasn't trying to stereotype every person who doesn't like the new season as a nostalgic, just a bad choice of words.