• Advertisement

The Fraggle Rock Movie

Deli

It's said to come out sometime in a few years, but it's still in development. There was a writer who wrote this AMAZING script for it, but he got ditched. So the rights to the movie were acquired by *gulp* the makers of ''Marmaduke'' and ''Alvin and the Chipmunks''.

In short: KILL ME NOW.

I really, really, really, really, REALLY HOPE they use the original performers. There is no room for CGI Fraggles voiced by celebrities who know nothing about the characters in my world. (the reason why this isn't the Muppets thread is because the Fraggles are owned by The Jim Henson Company, not Disney, who owns the Muppets now as you probably know.) I'm not saying CGI is bad, but I don't want this to be anything NEAR Alvin and the Chipmunks. I cannot tell you how much I hate the Alvin and the Chipmunks live action films. And for those of you who don't remember Fraggle Rock/don't care/are just curious, here:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fraggle_Rock

The ToughPigs aren't too pleased, either. And they're even more hardcore Muppet fans than me. I tried to be positive. I really did. But this just sounds so bad to me. The Muppets I've heard from people who've seen early screenings is amazing, and it would make Jim happy to know that one franchise got revived. But I don't think the Fraggles need this, if it's done up like the greedy film companies want it, not how any of the Muppet veterans want it. Let's just be positive and hope they use puppets and the original performers... minus Jerry Nelson (Gobo) and Jim Henson (Cantus, Convincing John, etc.).