• Advertisement

Boards of Canada

dragiiin123

Okay, so, just a few days ago I was listening to Pilotredsun (you may know this guy if you watched his bizarre animations such as Garfielf, but he makes some good music too) and people were comparing some of Pilot's works to people such as this group called Boards of Canada. I decided to hear one of their songs (first one I listened to was Chromakey Dreamcoat) and I liked what I was hearing. Decided to give more songs a go and I started becoming hooked the more I listened to them. <3 

What I like about Boards is that their style of electronic is the stuff I really love to listen to (such as ambient/downtempo kind of electronic) and it gives you a relaxing, and sort of psychedelic feel. They're a true work of art and some of their meanings in songs are weird but interesting af.

My favorites besides Chromakey Dreamcoat are Cold Earth, 1969, Aquarius, An Eagle in Your Mind, Alpha and Omega, Everything You do is a Balloon, Kid For Today, Julie and Candy, Rue the Whirl and The Beach at Redpoint.

Do any of you guys like Boards of Canada or like some of their discography? Discuss here, and I hope someone here answers because nobody on SBM did

Edited by President Squidward

10 hours ago, Daria Fredgendorffer said:

https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3172-daria-fredgendorffer/?status=15702&type=status

(smirk) although technically, they're not an indie band but still

Seriously though, I might give these guys a listen.

the interesting thing of their name is that it comes from the National Film Board of Canada, which BoC finds as an influence since the two guys who are in it (Mike & Marcus) watched a lot of their material when they were younger while living in Canada

Honestly I think the Future Sound of London do this kind of "lo-fi futuristic ambient techno" thing in a way that appeals more to me, but Music Has The Right To Children is a timeless classic and I'm open to their other stuff.

• Like 1