• Advertisement

Justin Timberlake

Clappy

Discuss the singer turned actor here.

As a singer, I admit he is very talented. He deserves all the praise he gets.  I love him. 

Now he is an actor and while I haven't seen most of his work, I am pretty impressed with what I have seen. He was pretty funny in Bad Teacher, he is hilarious when he hosts SNL, and I love how he portrayed such a sleazy character in The Social Network. He apparently has an action movie coming out this fall. While I won't shelve out ten bucks to see it in theaters, I might watch it when it comes on DVD.

On 8/7/2011 at 6:55 PM, Clappy said:

Discuss the singer turned actor here.

As a singer, I admit he is very talented. He deserves all the praise he gets.  I love him. 

Now he is an actor and while I haven't seen most of his work, I am pretty impressed with what I have seen. He was pretty funny in Bad Teacher, he is hilarious when he hosts SNL, and I love how he portrayed such a sleazy character in The Social Network. He apparently has an action movie coming out this fall. While I won't shelve out ten bucks to see it in theaters, I might watch it when it comes on DVD.

Shut up past Clappy, just shut up.

Talk about underselling one of my favorite celebrities today.

Checked out the new song.  I don’t love it, but it’s definitely what I expect the sounds of FutureSex/LoveSounds literally haha.  Saw people online talking about how terrible it is, but they were thinking the same thing about SexyBack soundwise too.  It’s actually a very good comparison to be honest.  It might take awhile for it to grow on me, but it’s fine.  Not what I expected from a lead single though for an album that’s apparently very personal as to who he is like advertised.

Production is great, lyrics + melody are just not there. It lacks a catchy hook and just kinda drags on and on. It's one of those songs that after listening to for just a little bit sounds like you've been listening to for hours.

Boring, underwhelming, he's more talented than this shit, etc. :storm:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tvrepairman said:

Production is great, lyrics + melody are just not there. It lacks a catchy hook and just kinda drags on and on. It's one of those songs that after listening to for just a little bit sounds like you've been listening to for hours.

Boring, underwhelming, he's more talented than this shit, etc. :storm:

get on skype whore

Anyway I didn't like this at first, but as I continued to listen it got better - it's fuckin great now. Only JT could take a basic bitch social media caption like "Haters gonna say it's fake" and make it sound cool as hell. Plus I think it stands to mention that SexyBack and Suit and Tie got mixed reception when they first dropped too. I'm not totally sure about the whole possible country/acoustic theme for the album, but JT has never done anything wrong so I eagerly anticipate the album woo

Now this is more up my alley when it comes to JT singles.  Hell, even “Filthy” grew on me after more listens.  That being said, “Supplies” is without a doubt much better.  Still am very curious as to what both songs are in context to the rest of the album.  Unless the album is to make as many Black Mirror inspired music videos as possible.

So yeah...has anyone else checked out Man of the Woods yet?

Not sure if this or 20/20 Part 2 is the weakest of JT’s solo discography.  Not necessarily saying this was a bad album persay, it’s okay.  I guess I was just expecting a lot more from JT’s take into americana.  Definitely disagree with the backlash he’s been getting for this album though.  It’s like people have been waiting to tear him a new one for years now.

Best songs on the album to me were “Montana” and his two new radio hits, “Say Something” and “Supplies”.  I hope his next album, however long that may take to make, is an improvement.  Still have a man crush on him regardless.