70s

Accidents Will Happen: 7/10

The Other Patty: 8/10

Drive Thru: 9.5/10

The Hot Shot: 10/10

A Friendly Game: 9/10

Sentimental Sponge: 7/10

Frozen Face-Off: 10/10

Squidward's School for Grown-Ups: 8/10 (yeah, I liked it)

Oral Report: 8/10

Sweet and Sour Squid: 9/10

The Googly Artiste: 8/10

A SquarePants Family Vacation: 10/10

Patrick's Staycation: 9.5/10

Walking the Plankton: 7/10

Mooncation: 10/10

Mr. Krabs Takes A Vacation: 9.8/10

Ghoul Fools: 10/10

MermaidMan Begins: 9/10

Plankton's Good Eye: 8/10

Barnacle Face: 7.5/10

Pet Sitter Pat: 8/10

House Sittin' for Sandy: 8/10

Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom: 8/10

The Way of the Sponge: 8.3/10

Bubble Troubles: 8/10

The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom: 9/10

Bubble Buddy Returns: 9.9/10

Restraining SpongeBob: 7.9/10

Fiasco: 9/10

Are You Happy Now?: 7/10

Planet of the Jellyfish: 9/10

Free Samples: 8/10

Home Sweet Rubble: 8/10

Karen 2.0: 10/10

inSPONGEiac: 8/10

Glove World RIP: 10/10

Squiditis: 9/10

Treats!: 10/10

For Here or To Go: 9/10

Overall, very good season so far.

• God Himself 1

Accidents Will Happen: 10/10

The Other Patty: 7.5/10

Drive Thru: 11/10

The Hot Shot: 11/10

A Friendly Game: 11/10

Sentimental Sponge: 11/10

Frozen Face Off: 11/10

Squidward's School For Grown Ups: 0.5/10

Oral Report: 11/10

Sweet and Sour Squid: 10/10

The Googly Artiste: 5/10

Squarepants Family Vacation: 7/10

Patrick's Staycation: 11/10

Walking The Plankton: 11/10

Mooncation: 11/10

Mr. Krabs Takes A Vacation: 8/10

Ghoul Fools: N/A (Haven't seen it since the day it came out, So, I don't remember anything of it.)

MermaidMan Begins: 8/10

Plankton's Good Eye: 11/10

Barnacle Face: 3.5/10

Pet Sitter Pat: 11/10

House Sittin' For Sandy: 5/10

Smooth Jazz In Bikini Bottom: 11/10

Way Of The Sponge: 9.5/10

Bubble Troubles: 9.5/10

The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom: 9/10

Bubble Buddy Returns: 7/10 (Wish Bubble Buddy apperared more then just the beginning and the end.)

Restraining Spongebob: 7/10

Fiasco!: 9.5/10

Are You Happy Now?: 4/10

Planet Of The Jellyfish: 11/10

Free Samples: 10/10

Home Sweet Rubble: 7/10

Karen 2.0: 11/10

InSPONGEiac: 11/10

Glove World Rest In Peace: 11/10

Squidits: 9.5/10

Treats!: 0.5/10

For Here Or To Go?: 11/10

Overall, An AMAZING Season! This entire season is proof that the creators listened to what the fans wanted and now Spongebob is better then ever! (P.S. Besides 4, I love every season of spongebob and Do not believe that all the good episodes aired exclusively in Seasons 1-3. So I am not a nostalgic.)

• Confused 1
  • God Himself 1

....I know I've said that this season was good in the past. It still is. But.... It really isn't that great, looking back. I mean, yes, it is a good season. Compared to the two seasons preceding it, it's excellent (well, not really, regarding 7), but compared to anything behind Season 5? Yeah, it doesn't really stack up. I do like S8, don't get me wrong. It's a good comeback Season. The beginning of S8 felt like S7 episodes, but that's to be expected. As the season went along, it steadily improved. Writers wise, the season was largely the same. However, Nate Cash left the series after six years for Adventure Time. And so, Marc Ceccareli came onto the series from Phineas and Ferb as Nate Cash's replacement. A new writer was added, as well. Andrew Goodman, who was pretty okay, I guess.

As some highlights for the season: Aaron Springer started writing great episodes again, Vincent Waller returned to the series to write, and so did Paul Tibbitt. Luke's first few episodes with Marc Ceccareli were fantastic (Ghoul Fools, Bubble Troubles, etc), the Runaway Roadrrip miniseries was pretty cool. Also, gross out was toned down this season. As for individual episodes: Treats, Ghoul Fools, Squidward's School For Grown-Ups, Glove World R.I.P, Drive-Thru, Restraining Spongebob, Bubble Buddy Returns, Home Sweet Rubble, and MermaidMan Begins were all excellent episodes.

As for low points: Are You Happy Now was one awkward stumble through a tired plot filled with unfunny Squidward abuse, For Here Or To Go was a boring unfunny mess that dragged itself through eleven minutes, Walking The Plankton was plain unfunny on every account, and so was Barnacle Face. Pet Sitter Pat wasn't a stunner, and the animation wasn't too stunning, either, although it was better than Season 7's. Aside from those examples of good and bad, the rest of the Season threaded this fine line of "better than 6 &7, but not uite at the level of 4 & 5". However, any OOC moments were rare, and the new tracks introduced this season were pretty cool.

This was a good season. When the episodes were great, they were great. When they were mediocre, they were mediocre. However, this season, we didn't get any "worst of the series" episodes, which hasn't happened since Season 3, so that's good. But in all honesty, the majority of the season was only good/okay episodes. And, yes, it is an improvement over 6/7, even the good episodes don't compare to great S4 or 5 eps, like Krusty Towers or Bucket Sweet Bucket.

Overall, it's a good season. I'd put it on par or slightly below the quality of Season 5. An improvement. Season 9 looks to continue that improvement.

8/10

• Confused 1

Season 8 - honestly, the season that restored my faith in SpongeBob SquarePants. The season had some intresting continuity (ex: Bubble Buddy Returns, or the Fiasco character that appeared once in Are You Happy Now? and then in Fiasco!) There were blunders, for example Are You Happy Now? and others. The season really didn't have anything that brought it down completely, which.. well is better than some other seasons *coughseason6cough* When it was good, it was good, and the episodes that WERE good restored my faith in SpongeBob.

That, and again Bubble Buddy returning. Kudos to the writers for that.

....I know I've said that this season was good in the past. It still is. But.... It really isn't that great, looking back. I mean, yes, it is a good season. Compared to the two seasons preceding it, it's excellent (well, not really, regarding 7), but compared to anything behind Season 5? Yeah, it doesn't really stack up. I do like S8, don't get me wrong. It's a good comeback Season. The beginning of S8 felt like S7 episodes, but that's to be expected. As the season went along, it steadily improved. Writers wise, the season was largely the same. However, Nate Cash left the series after six years for Adventure Time. And so, Marc Ceccareli came onto the series from Phineas and Ferb as Nate Cash's replacement. A new writer was added, as well. Andrew Goodman, who was pretty okay, I guess.

As some highlights for the season: Aaron Springer started writing great episodes again, Vincent Waller returned to the series to write, and so did Paul Tibbitt. Luke's first few episodes with Marc Ceccareli were fantastic (Ghoul Fools, Bubble Troubles, etc), the Runaway Roadrrip miniseries was pretty cool. Also, gross out was toned down this season. As for individual episodes: Treats, Ghoul Fools, Squidward's School For Grown-Ups, Glove World R.I.P, Drive-Thru, Restraining Spongebob, Bubble Buddy Returns, Home Sweet Rubble, and MermaidMan Begins were all excellent episodes.

As for low points: Are You Happy Now was one awkward stumble through a tired plot filled with unfunny Squidward abuse, For Here Or To Go was a boring unfunny mess that dragged itself through eleven minutes, Walking The Plankton was plain unfunny on every account, and so was Barnacle Face. Pet Sitter Pat wasn't a stunner, and the animation wasn't too stunning, either, although it was better than Season 7's. Aside from those examples of good and bad, the rest of the Season threaded this fine line of "better than 6 &7, but not uite at the level of 4 & 5". However, any OOC moments were rare, and the new tracks introduced this season were pretty cool.

This was a good season. When the episodes were great, they were great. When they were mediocre, they were mediocre. However, this season, we didn't get any "worst of the series" episodes, which hasn't happened since Season 3, so that's good. But in all honesty, the majority of the season was only good/okay episodes. And, yes, it is an improvement over 6/7, even the good episodes don't compare to great S4 or 5 eps, like Krusty Towers or Bucket Sweet Bucket.

Overall, it's a good season. I'd put it on par or slightly below the quality of Season 5. An improvement. Season 9 looks to continue that improvement.

8/10

Your rating isn't really in check with your opinion. :P You say it wasn't a great season in the beginning, but when I think about it:

0/10 = Unspeakably Bad

1/10 = Horrible Season

2/10 = Terrible Season

3/10 = Bad Season

4/10 = Mediocre Season

5/10 = Hit or Miss Season

6/10 = Meh Season

7/10 = Good Season

8/10 = Great Season

9/10 = Amazing Season

10/10 = Perfect Season

I think Season 8 also depends on the viewer. Generally, I think everybody feels it's a huge step in the right direction and was generally funny. However, there are some episodes that are definitely on the line. Myself, I found For Here Or To Go to be a hilarious episode (in fact, it was the first S8 episode that I saw that eventually ended up leading me to buying the rest of the season). Because of this, I think some people are seeing some of the weaker S8 episodes and judging the season on those few episodes. In order to fully experience Season 8, you need to see every single episode. To me, there were only a handful of weaker episodes (Karen 2, Are You Happy Now?, Bubble Buddy Returns, etc) and every other episodes was worthwhile. If you think about it, a lot of these episodes could easily have fit into Season 3 (Home Sweet Rubble, Ghoul Fools, InSpongeiac, Planet of the Jellyfish, Frozen Face Off, etc).

Your rating isn't really in check with your opinion. :P You say it wasn't a great season in the beginning, but when I think about it:

0/10 = Unspeakably Bad

1/10 = Horrible Season

2/10 = Terrible Season

3/10 = Bad Season

4/10 = Mediocre Season

5/10 = Hit or Miss Season

6/10 = Meh Season

7/10 = Good Season

8/10 = Great Season

9/10 = Amazing Season

10/10 = Perfect Season

I think Season 8 also depends on the viewer. Generally, I think everybody feels it's a huge step in the right direction and was generally funny. However, there are some episodes that are definitely on the line. Myself, I found For Here Or To Go to be a hilarious episode (in fact, it was the first S8 episode that I saw that eventually ended up leading me to buying the rest of the season). Because of this, I think some people are seeing some of the weaker S8 episodes and judging the season on those few episodes. In order to fully experience Season 8, you need to see every single episode. To me, there were only a handful of weaker episodes (Karen 2, Are You Happy Now?, Bubble Buddy Returns, etc) and every other episodes was worthwhile. If you think about it, a lot of these episodes could easily have fit into Season 3 (Home Sweet Rubble, Ghoul Fools, InSpongeiac, Planet of the Jellyfish, Frozen Face Off, etc).

8 is only pretty good to me; not great. 9 is great on the Aquatic Nuggets scale of things. :P Plus, I've seen every episode from Season 8. I definitely wouldn't say that the episodes felt like they came from Season 3; A lot of episodes could have been from Season 1, and maybe some really good ones could've felt like they've been from Season 2, but that's really pushing it. There hasn't been an episode that has felt like a Season 3 episode outside of S4, IMO.

My real problem is that Season 8, while a good Season, I don't view it as the best post- movie season. It was a comeback it was the first really good season since Season 5. I just don't view it as better than S5. It's not that the weak episodes overpower the good ones, it's just that the season as a whole isn't better than anything before Season 6.

8 is only pretty good to me; not great. 9 is great on the Aquatic Nuggets scale of things. :P Plus, I've seen every episode from Season 8. I definitely wouldn't say that the episodes felt like they came from Season 3; A lot of episodes could have been from Season 1, and maybe some really good ones could've felt like they've been from Season 2, but that's really pushing it. There hasn't been an episode that has felt like a Season 3 episode outside of S4, IMO. My real problem is that Season 8, while a good Season, I don't view it as the best post- movie season. It was a comeback it was the first really good season since Season 5. I just don't view it as better than S5. It's not that the weak episodes overpower the good ones, it's just that the season as a whole isn't better than anything before Season 6.

You have a really weird scale. :P I don't think it's pushing it; really imagine that these episodes aired during the S1-S3 era. If you watch an S1 episode, then an S8 episode, then an S2 episode, an S8 episode, et cetera, I can't really find any sort of quality drop. Now, honestly, I don't see how anyone could prefer Season 5 over Season 8. xD S5, while featuring gems like New Digs, Krabs à la Mode, the horrible and meh episodes outweigh the bad. That be a cliche opinion, but it seriously boggles my mind that you'd prefer S5. ;P u crazy

I definitely wouldn't say that the episodes felt like they came from Season 3; A lot of episodes could have been from Season 1, and maybe some really good ones could've felt like they've been from Season 2, but that's really pushing it.
I'd just like to say that Season 2 > Season 3.

In my eyes, this season did revive my SpongeBob fandom, and I can give it a few plus points for that. Of course, there were episodes like "Are You Happy Now?" and others, but when it was good,

it was good. Examples include Bubble Buddy Returns, et cetera. I was glad to see that the bad episodes didn't stand out in comparison to episodes like The Splinter. Anyway, pretty much, this is

what renewed my SpongeBob fandom. When it was good, it was good. 7.5/10 (Good).