• Advertisement

What would you think if the series ended with the movie?

Karen

I tend to have some mixed opinions about this idea. On one hand it'd be unfortunate that the series would end after merely 5 years. But on the other, it would be remembered forever for what it was. And that's as a series that never dipped in quality, and was amazing from beginning to end. People wouldn't look back on it as "the awesome series that unfortunately went downhill". 630566.gif

I actually really would have liked that. I don't dislike it now, but then it would be extremely consistent. Of course, people would always have something to complain about.

I wouldn't have wanted it. Sure, if the show ended after season 3, it wouldn't have any of the lower-quality season 4-6 episodes on its rep, but it definitely would have been forgotten too soon.

I remember back in 2003-2004, I was already starting to get tired of watching reruns of the same episodes. When you think of it, 60 is a small number of episodes for a television series. Eventually, the majority of SpongeBob's fans would probably get tired of reruns and Nick would eventually stop airing the show completely (you've seen what they've done with their other canceled shows).

While the show might have a pretty strong cult following, we wouldn't have the same fanbase we have today and this very site probably wouldn't exist.

I am glad that Nick made the right choice of continuing the series. After watching every season 7 episode, I really think that the show has gotten back on its feet and I still look forward to each new episode, just as I did with the pre-movie episodes.

• Like 1

I could have lived either way. I still enjoy Spongebob today even though it's not as good as it used to be, although I'd enjoy it being more consistant. Overall, I'd have to say I'm glad they continued the series, even if the series had some low points between the beginning and now.

I could have lived either way. I still enjoy Spongebob today even though it's not as good as it used to be, although I'd enjoy it being more consistant. Overall, I'd have to say I'm glad they continued the series, even if the series had some low points between the beginning and now.

^ that's true, even thought i watched SB sometimes but i still enjoyed watching it.

Tough choice for me personally. While I am saddened how the show's reception will be tarnashed by some awful post movie episodes, if it was not still running I likely would not have continued to be active in the SB community for much longer after learning it ended.

Also I'd hate to be a fan of one of those "what if" shows, upset that we never got more than we wanted. Now I can at least be satisfied we weren't robbed of a lot of potentially amazing seasons to follow.

Plus without the post-movie episodes, 3 episodes in my Top 10 and 2 in my Top 5 wouldn't be there.

well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did. and one more thing. even if hillenburg and the old writers would have stayed but they were still going to change spongebob's voice, i would have also been pissed off that they decided to continued the show, even if the quality of the episodes were still going to be the same as they were before the movie.

well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did.
Wait, so Spongebob's voice ruined the show? I lol'd.

well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did. and one more thing. even if hillenburg and the old writers would have stayed but they were still going to change spongebob's voice, i would have also been pissed off that they decided to continued the show, even if the quality of the episodes were still going to be the same as they were before the movie.

What's the point of posting if all you ever do is complain about the same things over and over again? And even when you "try" to say something positive about the newer episodes. you throw in the "Spongebob's "new" voice is so annoying that even the decent newer episodes are horrible because of it" excuse.

oh i don't know...maybe because someone different makes a post about something relating to my opinions that you call "complaints" every time, and those different people have possibly never heard me say them before? and because i get easy doubloons out of my posts.

oh i don't know...maybe because someone different makes a post about something relating to my opinions that you call "complaints" every time, and those different people have possibly never heard me say them before? and because i get easy doubloons out of my posts.

You state your opinions like they're absolute fact (you even said you were stating the "truth"), when in reality they're just opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. And no, we've all heard you and every other person who despises everything about the newer seasons say pretty much the exact same thing a million times. And if you wanted doubloons so badly, you'd post in more than just the SB forums/Television forums.

i know, but here i can get extra doubloons for saying the same thing over and over again in different topics that relate to my same opinion 630566.gif
Actually, it's getting annoying and unnecessary. Please post more than the same thing, especially since you're only doing it for doubloons, kthx.

ex, i'm not only doing it for doubloons. i'm also doing it so the different people who haven't heard my opinion can hear it. i should take advantage of that especially because every post about my same opinion is different but not different where it's off topic and i can't say the same thing that the person who made the topic post hasn't heard. and plus i just want to have and save it all under my profile as a part of my post history.

His voice is almost the same , but if stephen hillenburg was here and his voice was a bit different i would still think the episode is excellent.