• Advertisement

Cut, Slash, Gash, Slice

70s

Here's a summary of the first part of the first chapter:

Mary, a wholesome teenage girl, feels not-so-wholesome one night and goes to mess around with people on Omegle, maybe even flirt a little. But when the stranger she's talking to starts acting very strangely and even threatens her life, she becomes very concerned and fears for her life. And for good reason.

And here it is. Hope you guys like it!

Chapter One - Here We Go

"Goodbye, honey," Catherine Winstead told her daughter, Mary. "We'll be home in just a few hours. Call us if you need anything at all."

"Mom, I'm seventeen," Mary said. "I won't need anything. Enjoy your anniversary. Even... stay at a hotel, if you want to."

"Oh, Mary!" Catherine giggled.

"See you, honey," her father, Rodrick, said.

"Bye you guys."

Mary sat on the couch and searched for something on TV. All she saw on was a scary movie, and she hated that type of stuff. It was totally unnecessary violence in her opinion, and she would simply not have it. Instead she got on the computer in the living room and logged onto Facebook.

Immediately she started receiving messages from her friend Whitney Hale on the chat.

'so did u here about henry?' Whitney asked her on the chat.

'No. What about him?'

'hes goin out with that tara girl now. what a basterd, rite?'

'Whitney, you know I don't like language like that.'

'whatever'

'So what are you doing right now?'

'watching scream. its made-for-tv though, so all the good stuff is cut out.'

'Good stuff?'

'most of the gore, language, all that shit.'

'Come on, Whitney.'

'sorry sorry...... i always forget how pure u are, mary.'

'What do you mean?"

'everything..... the way u act, what u watch, just everything about you basiclyyy.. i mean, even the way u type is so propper.'

'Well SORRY.'

Mary logged off of Facebook, angry. She was so sick of people telling her she was too good, too Christian, too bland. Even her friends. It was the reason her boyfriend, Henry, broke up with her. They dated for two months and had their first kiss the week before he dumped her, but their relationship was moving far too slow for Henry, especially since their first (and only) kiss was merely a peck. People just didn't realize Mary had values and respect for herself, unlike many of them. She had goals and principles and she knew what she wanted in life.

But maybe she was wrong. Maybe it was okay to be a little bad sometimes. Maybe it was okay to let loose. So she decided to do something.

She had heard of some crazy website called Omegle, where you chat with random strangers, most of whom want to have cybersex. She decided that could be fun. It would be a way to be bad. She had to be bad once. Just once.

She logged on to the website and was immediately greeted by a reply:

Stranger: asl?

You (Mary): What?

Stranger: age sex location

You: Oh. Haha. I'm 17, female, and I live in this small town in California... you've probably never heard of it. It's pretty close to San Diego.

Stranger: no way, is it Hershway?

Mary felt a chill go down her spine.

You: How did you know that?

Stranger: idk. i guess im a good guesser

You: Do you live in Hershway too?

Stranger: yeah i do. maybe we could meet sometime

You: I don't think so...

Stranger: oh, why?

You: I don't know you.

Stranger: you might

You: I doubt it.

Stranger: i think u know me, mary.

Mary jumped and logged off. Who was that? Did he really know her? How'd he or she know where she lived? And how did they know her name? She was extremely scared. She got back on the computer to talk to someone else on Omegle, maybe that would make her a little less scared. She sure hoped it would.

Stranger: welcome back, mary

Mary screamed. It was the person she was talking to earlier. But how?

Stranger: video chat

You: No.

Stranger: now.

Mary changed it to video chat. She was greeted by someone wearing the famous Ghostface mask from Scream and a red cloak. She looked at the person's surroundings and noticed her next-door-neighbor's house... this person was in her yard.

"Open the window, Mary," said the cloaked figure. The voice was male and scratchy. Kind of sexy, but immensely frightening. Mary had a feeling this person was using a voice changer since they claimed to know her.

"No," she said, her voice shaky. She couldn't believe what was going on. It didn't seem possible.

"Mary, if you don't open the window I can just break it."

She started shaking with fear. "I don't believe you."

Then the window broke open and the figure was in her house. Mary screamed at the top of her lungs and started running. She got to the stairs and started running towards her room. She slammed the door shut and locked it, barricading it with shelves.

She saw a knife go through the door and screamed again. This person had weapons. Her cellphone was downstairs. She went to the homephone in her bedroom to find it was gone. She started to cry hysterically.

There was loud banging on the door, over and over. It never stopped. The person was going to get in and she knew it, but there was no escape. Her house was very old, and the bedroom had no windows. She was trapped.

The door opened and Mary's attacker pushed the furniture aside. The attacker lunged towards her but she immediately jumped out of the way. She started running back downstairs, planning to run out the front door, screaming for help or getting a phone. But she was in such a hurry she fell right down the stairs, twisting her ankle badly.

She struggled to get up, but eventually did so. She started limping towards the front door, but was grabbed by two gloved hands.

"Please," she sobbed. "Please."

"Sorry," the attacker said. "You're logging off now."

She was stabbed directly in the chest. The knife was pulled back out and put back in, then repeated.

The killer wiped the fresh blood off the knife with their gloves and walked out the back door. "Here we go."

---

So, what did you think? Let me know in this thread or in the Literature Reviews thread.

Second chapter. Not quite as long or vital as the first, but I feel it works.

Chapter Two: The Discovery

Catherine and Rodrick Winstead were making their way home from their anniversary dinner.

"What do you think Mary did while we were gone?" Catherine asked inquisitively.

"I bet she just watched a movie on cable or something, or talked to one of her friends on the computer. Just like normal."

"I'm a little worried about her," Catherine said.

"Why, dear?"

"Well, ever since she broke up with Henry she seems different from all her friends. And I don't know why she broke up with Henry either. Did they... have sex?"

"Mary would never do that."

"But we don't know that for sure."

"I do," Rodrick said. "And as for her acting different, that's going to happen. She's a teenaged girl, Catherine. This is just all that drama that comes with the territory. We knew it was coming when we had her, you shouldn't be surprised."

"But she won't even talk to me about it."

"Of course she won't honey, you're her mother."

"But what's that supposed to mean?"

"Kids talk to their friends about these things, not their parents. Come on, you were a teenager once, you know this. No need to worry."

"I guess you're right."

"I am," Rodrick laughed.

The two pulled into their driveway, and walked out of the car. They walked in the house, and Rodrick immediately noticed the long trail of blood.

"Shit," he said under his breath, but tried to keep his cool for Catherine. But that was of no use.

Catherine gave off a blood curdling scream and pointed to the body of their daughter on the floor, covered in blood and surrounded by broken glass.

"Call the police," Rodrick said promptly, trying to keep his voice as even as possible. "Now."

"No!" Catherine cried. "I have to stay here with my baby!"

And so Rodrick went to the phone and called the police, softly crying.

Its good, I liked the first chapter. I really like the "You're logging off" line that everyone is praising.

Btw, your view count was already at 250 something before you even started posting the chapters (I actually noticed that because I thought the view count was ridiculously high xD).

The second chapter was a bit meh. I mean it was ok, just too much talking and not enough action. Waiting for the third chapter.