• Advertisement

The Death of SpongeBob

Jellatine

lol..I found this and thought I'd share..why am I laughing? xP... no, it actually holds a strong message, specially now with the one year anniversary of the BP oil spill...Anyway...

RtPOO.jpg

Death of Sponge Bob - Erik Alos

Alluding to the BP oil spill, the painting foresees an environmental apocalypse from manÔÇÖs rape and destruction of the natural world. There is only one possible savior. The ancient hymn notes, ÔÇ£Absorbent, yellow and porous is He.ÔÇØ Although immaculately conceived by asexual budding, the poriferan is paradoxically both completely divine and the most primitive animal in the oceanÔÇÖs depths. As a sea creature, he succumbs to the toxic effects of the oozing petroleum. Still, the death of the only savior does not leave mankind without hope. With his dying breaths, he infuses his rainbow soul into the remaining, healthy biosphere. His one tired eye conveys both sadness, and forgiveness of mankindÔÇÖs betrayal. An innocent flaxen-haired virgin cradles the dying deity in her arms, but as the mother of future generations of mankind, she represents hope. As she looks to heavens for guidance, the Holy Spirit, represented as a crowned oily pelican, looks on reassuringly.

R.I.P. Spongy D: