• Advertisement

SBC Theater 4000

Elastic Dawg

Hello,

I'm Mothra, writer of In Motion, colloquially referred to as "Mothra's MSTs". I have become aware of this proposal from you through, to be honest, lurking.

I've been working on In Motion since July of 2009; it's been well over a year and a half that I've been working on it. I know that recently my schedule has slipped, but this is due to pressure from school work and general disinterest in the series. This does not mean I'm going to end it, and I do not feel it needs to be replaced. I just posted a new one, for Christ's sake, and that's probably how you got this idea.

I did this first. It is of my utmost interest that my ideas are protected. I will do whatever is necessary to ensure this.

I'm willing to let those who are interested in this suggest things to be done on In Motion and possibly even write the minor parts. (Mei Nakamura, Linkara, Doug Walker, the Canadian Bartender, other guest parts...) You might even get influence on the major five, if that is what you want. This shit tends to be pretty fucking hard, and it's always good to have other people around to lighten the load.

Please contact me at either of these addresses [remove spaces]:

meganemizki @gmail.com (e-mail)

greengrover @hotmail.com (MSN)

You may also contact me on SBM.

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I'm Mothra, writer of In Motion, colloquially referred to as "Mothra's MSTs". I have become aware of this proposal from you through, to be honest, lurking.

I've been working on In Motion since July of 2009]utmost interest that my ideas are protected. I will do whatever is necessary to ensure this.

I'm willing to let those who are interested in this suggest things to be done on In Motion and possibly even write the minor parts. (Mei Nakamura, Linkara, Doug Walker, the Canadian Bartender, other guest parts...) You might even get influence on the major five, if that is what you want. This shit tends to be pretty fucking hard, and it's always good to have other people around to lighten the load.

Please contact me at either of these addresses [remove spaces]:

meganemizki @gmail.com (e-mail)

greengrover @hotmail.com (MSN)

You may also contact me on SBM.

Thank you for your time.

Huh? This doesn't seem like an extremely original idea. Maybe you're just being paranoid?

Huh? This doesn't seem like an extremely original idea. Maybe you're just being paranoid?

Whether it is an original idea, I am 100% sure that this is a result of my hard work.

If someone else out there is doing it already, fine. I just don't want knockoffs of my work being made.

And trust me, I'm not being paranoid. I've heard it thrown around far too many times here in regards to SBC-SBM to think of it as anything but one in a collection of shallow excuses.

Whether it is an original idea, I am 100% sure that this is a result of my hard work.

If someone else out there is doing it already, fine. I just don't want knockoffs of my work being made.

And trust me, I'm not being paranoid. I've heard it thrown around far too many times here in regards to SBC-SBM to think of it as anything but one in a collection of shallow excuses.

It's fine that you don't want knockoffs of your work being done, I completely understand and even sympathize. I just don't see how something like

Plot: Spin-offs get riffed on. Basically the MST3K of SBC.

Coming soon.

can give you any indication that your work is being ripped off. Maybe I'd understand if more details were know, or if episodes had been posted, but right now all we have is nine words about the show.

And what I meant when I said it's not all that much of an original idea is not that it's fine to steal it because of that, but it's easy to come up with it yourself, and it may be a coincidence, if it's even similar to your show.

can give you any indication that your work is being ripped off. Maybe I'd understand if more details were know, or if episodes had been posted, but right now all we have is nine words about the show.

This was posted very soon after I had posted a riff on the first episode of tvguy's Down Under series that he had (stupidly, imo) posted on SBM. Only a bit after I posted it, I saw six guests, if I'm not mistaken (if I am, at least two), reading the topic at once.

I have every right and plenty of proof to believe that this is intentionally my concept with the serial numbers filed off.

This was posted very soon after I had posted a riff on the first episode of tvguy's Down Under series that he had (stupidly, imo) posted on SBM. Only a bit after I posted it, I saw six guests, if I'm not mistaken (if I am, at least two), reading the topic at once.

I have every right and plenty of proof to believe that this is intentionally my concept with the serial numbers filed off.

I don't think you have any of proof. In fact, right now, you have none. You have your speculation.

I'm not saying you're not being ripped off, I'm saying there's no way of knowing yet, and it's unfair to claim someone stole your work for only a very brief synopsis and the fact it was posted after you criticizing someone who isn't even Elastic's work.

It's not just my speculation, it's the speculation of a lot of people! You would be surprised if you saw the amount. Even some people from SBC think this way!

And because what I criticized wasn't his work doesn't really mean that much. He could just as well be one of those six guests that flocked to my MST! I have never seen so many guests reading one topic at a time: this suspicion is totally normal.

I did get inspiration from Mothra's MST of Down Under.

And since i've been watching a lot of MST3K recently too.

It's an open offer! I'd love for my workload to be lightened. Whatever you want to do, you can do it.

I mean, inspiration is good. As long as you don't totally rip it off as this seemed to be reaching. I mean, I took a couple of bits from my inspiration, Wreaker of Havoc. The formatting, for one, and also sorta kinda the concept of what the characters represent, although recently they've become a lot more character-y. But In Motion is its own thing.

So, yeah. Come to the dark light purple side!

It's an open offer! I'd love for my workload to be lightened. Whatever you want to do, you can do it.

I mean, inspiration is good. As long as you don't totally rip it off as this seemed to be reaching. I mean, I took a couple of bits from my inspiration, Wreaker of Havoc. The formatting, for one, and also sorta kinda the concept of what the characters represent, although recently they've become a lot more character-y. But In Motion is its own thing.

So, yeah. Come to the dark light purple side!

This is a test pilot. Riffs are in bold.

Episode 1: Pilot (Time Bike)

Ep.1 "Good Day, Bad Day"

Red day, Blue day.

It was Spongebob's birthday,so of course it should have been a good day.

For Spongebob, that is.

for Spongebob it was a good day,because his birthday present was a bicycle,a new bike in Killer Tomato Red with rock shocks and compression damping and rear derailleur and rapid fire shifters and twenty-one combination's of gears that worked with handlebar grips.

And a pony! And a horse! And a horn! And a shotgun! And a rocketship!

It was the bike he had hardly dared hope for,it was so expensive.

God forbid he spend any money, just like they did with time on this spin-off.

But Spongebob's dad Harold and his mother had found the money somewhere.

That life insurance policy Harold put out on Grandma?

When Spongebob came running down in the morning,there it was in the front hall,shiny and red and beautiful.

AND COVERED IN BLOOD! GAH!

He took it out before breakfast and raced it up Seashell street to the center of Bikini Bottom,whizzed around the corner of Main Street to the library,veered left on Sandburg Road,and sped home by way of Stow Street and Everett.

All the way around he hoped to see admiring glances from the sidewalk,but the only person who noticed him was his old friend Patrick Star.

And it wasn't a positive glance, either.

Patrick saw Spongebob on his new bike and whistled through his teeth.

Of course there was another reason why it was a good day. The other reason began in the middle of the afternoon,when the telephone rang. Mrs.Squarepants (Alex) had been waiting and waiting. Her voice trembled "Hello..?" She soon gasped. Harold had won for mayor!

Wait, when did he start running for mayor?

Spongebob's dear father was mayor! It wasn't easy for Harold. It was a nasty and fierce campaign. His opponent,Eugene Krabs had accused him of everything awful.

That's pretty much every political campaign ever if you think about it.

"I'm so glad you won" Alex said. "Yea,being mayor is pretty sweet" Spongebob said.

Unless you're in Jefferton or South Park, Colorado.

The next day,something terrible had happened...Spongebob's bike was stolen!

Will Eugene accuse Harold of that too?

This is a test pilot.

Andy: He's putting the test pilot on autopilot. Let's hope it crashes and burns.

Riffs are in bold.

Mie: You fucking tool!

Bob: We can always change it.

Mie: ...Still a fucking tool.

Andy: Agreed.

Episode 0: Pilot (Time Bike)

Bob: ...Time Bike?

Andy: What the hell is a Time Bike and why is it in the title?

Mie: Oh, it's a...uh...You know, I don't know either. I guess it's the name of the fic series.

Ep.1 "Good Day, Bad Day"

Red day, Blue day.

Mie (holding One Fish, Two Fish): I don't remember this book going like that.

It was Spongebob's birthday,so of course it should have been a good day.

For Spongebob, that is.

Andy: ...of course it would be a good day for Spongebob. That's cheap as hell. What's wrong with that? Who'd feel shitty on their birthday?

(Bob and Mie point at Andy.)

Andy: Aw, crap.

Mie: Not to mention it'd probably only be a bad day for Squidward.

for Spongebob it was a good day,because his birthday present was a bicycle,

Bob (as author): Spaces after commas?! Why would you do that?!

a new bike in Killer Tomato Red

Mie: Crayola's getting hardcore lately!

with rock shocks and compression damping and rear derailleur and rapid fire shifters and twenty-one combination's of gears that worked with handlebar grips.

And a pony! And a horse! And a horn! And a shotgun! And a rocketship!

Mie: A bike that has both a pony and a horse, as well as a rocketship. Something tells me you're getting off-topic with your jokes. This is not the kind of joke you make when your text is talking about features of an object and not the shit they throw in to get you to buy it.

Bob: I dunno, I think it's cool. The horn's not cool, I mean, horns come with bikes all the time.

It was the bike he had hardly dared hope for,it was so expensive.

God forbid he spend any money, just like they did with time on this spin-off.

Andy: ...Spongebob spends money all the time.

Mie: Where do you think he gets his bubble solution, out of his ass?

Connie: How do you think he pays for his house, sexual favors to the mortgage company?

Andy: This spinoff isn't even that rushed anyway.

Bob: All that extra stuff on that bike must have taken a while to type!

But Spongebob's dad Harold and his mother had found the money somewhere.

That life insurance policy Harold put out on Grandma?

Mie: Murder for greed! It's hilarious!

Andy: Er.

Bob: And why does it say "Harold and his mother"?

Mie: If you put out a life insurance policy on your mother so that you could kill her to reap it, then why are you doing it with her? Why would you want to murder for money to go to yourself and your son when you're the one who's going to be killed?!

When Spongebob came running down in the morning,there it was in the front hall,shiny and red and beautiful.

AND COVERED IN BLOOD! GAH!

Connie: Mom must have taken it for a test ride.

He took it out before breakfast and raced it up Seashell street to the center of Bikini Bottom,whizzed around the corner of Main Street to the library,veered left on Sandburg Road,and sped home by way of Stow Street and Everett.

Mie: Unneccessary and grammatically incorrect detail ahoy!

All the way around he hoped to see admiring glances from the sidewalk,but the only person who noticed him was his old friend Patrick Star.

And it wasn't a positive glance, either.

Connie (as Patrick): Nice shorts, Spongebob!

Patrick saw Spongebob on his new bike and whistled through his teeth.

(Connie, as Patrick, wolf-whistles.)

Of course there was another reason why it was a good day. The other reason began in the middle of the afternoon,when the telephone rang. Mrs.Squarepants (Alex)

Mie: Oh, we absolutely needed to know what your character's name is in a helpful little set of parentheses! I mean, you couldn't have just said her name, then explained who she was! No, it just wouldn't look tacky enough!

had been waiting and waiting. Her voice trembled "Hello..?" She soon gasped. Harold had won for mayor!

Wait, when did he start running for mayor?

Mie: EXPLAIN, MOTHERFUCKER! EXPLAIN!

Spongebob's dear father was mayor! It wasn't easy for Harold. It was a nasty and fierce campaign. His opponent,Eugene Krabs had accused him of everything awful.

That's pretty much every political campaign ever if you think about it.

Andy: ...That's kind of the point of political campaigns. You're supposed to reveal scandalous details about each other and provide glamourous details about yourself that will make people vote for you, then hope for the best.

Mie: Alternatively, you can preach to the choir.

"I'm so glad you won" Alex said.

Connie: Now we can rule the city with an iron fist!

"Yea,being mayor is pretty sweet" Spongebob said.

Mie: ...How does he know that?

Andy: And how old is Spongebob in this? He lives alone in the show. Why is he so dependent on his parents in this fic?

Unless you're in Jefferton or South Park, Colorado.

(Bob scratches his head.)

Mie: Oh, I get it. ...Mind you, it's not funny, it's just lame.

The next day,something terrible had happened...Spongebob's bike was stolen!

Will Eugene accuse Harold of that too?

Andy: No, because that's an absolutely retarded thing to accuse someone of. Not to mention the campaign's over, so what's the point?

---

Mie: Wait, is that it? Really?