• Advertisement

The SBC Community Mixtape #18

HawkbitAlpha

What do we want? We want songs! How do we want them? In the form of the SBC Community Mixtape, for its 18th edition! As this project is now officially legal, maybe it's just a little ironic that, this time, we're going to be going with our most stereotypically adolescent theme yet. Get your best eyeshadow and black clothes ready, as we're going back to the 2000s to join...

THE BLACK PARADE

Yes, after 17 iterations of the Community Mixtape, it's time that we finally dig into the world of emo, post-hardcore, and more - the sounds that ruled the rock world in the early and mid-2000s, at least, as far as every emo and scene kid was concerned. MCR, The Used, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Underoath, and so many more were the soundtrack to a lot of childhoods, including here, and it's now been long enough that we can call it nostalgic. Bring it on!

The rules:

• There's no set length limits per submission, but try not to go too overboard.
  • Try to post your submissions using a Spotify playlist. If this is not possible for you, at least make sure that all of your submissions are available on Spotify.
  • Joke/troll entries can and most likely will be excluded.
  • No repeat entries (can't submit the same thing as somebody else).

The deadline for submissions will be next Saturday, May 18th. Until then, I have a Hot Topic run to make.

• Like 1

Imma be real: the emo pop-punk scene was one that I totally missed the boat on as a kid, given that most of my middle school peers were more into classic rock or even Lady Gaga at the time (this was the latter half of the aughts), so I'm pretty out of my element when it comes to this genre. That would also explain why some of these songs are gonna be more emo-adjacent than pure, stereotypical scene kid stuff (see the tracks from The Postal Service and Plain White T's). It's also really telling that I only really know two of these songs through iCarly lmao

Posted (edited)

Here's mine. / 1. "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm. 2. "Hero" by Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott. 3. "This Love" by Maroon 5. 4. "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5. "Really Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5. 6. "By The Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 7. "The Zephyr Song" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 8. "Dani California" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 9. "Saving Grace" by Tom Petty. /

I hope you enjoy my choices as much as I did coming up with them!

Edit: Just forget my choices. Now that I've seen who the Emo Artists ACTUALLY are, there simply aren't enough choices for me (taken or otherwise) to warrant ME putting a list together for this. Maybe some other time.

Edited by Dragonball Z
My choices for Emo Artists was wrong.

On 5/12/2024 at 11:12 PM, Dragonball Z said:

Here's mine. / 1. "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm. 2. "Hero" by Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott. 3. "This Love" by Maroon 5. 4. "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5. "Really Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5. 6. "By The Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 7. "The Zephyr Song" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 8. "Dani California" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 9. "Saving Grace" by Tom Petty. /

...did you even read the theme?

On 5/12/2024 at 9:12 PM, Dragonball Z said:

Ah yes, my favorite emo artist, Tom petty

I took off my list, now that I know who falls under the category of Emo Artists, and the fact that I personally haven't listened to enough of that kind of music to warrant making a list.