• Advertisement

Ask the gnarliest stuff in the ocean

Steel Sponge

On 12/18/2015 at 11:48 PM, Holiday Hater said:

how long have you been drawing?

Since a long time, but I was mostly doodling before I realized what I wanted to do with my life and that I needed a lot more skill on making drawings.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Very belated thoughts on your worst list, but:

-Tuesday is hilarious to me because of how little iLoveMakonnen has in terms of actual presence as a lead artist.  Plus the chorus sticks out way too much that I really like using it amongst my friends because of how ridiculous it is.

-I don't completely understand your hatred of See You Again.  It had absolutely no right to be a number one hit for twelve weeks, but I think there was plenty of room for it to be a good, possibly great song if they gave it far more effort.

-No Type is incredibly stupid, but the production makes it a banger for me.

-Thanks for the shout out in Dear Future Husband. :funny:

-Marvin Gaye as your number one was a surprise.  I think it's too hilarious to hate that much, but I had it on my worst list so I can't defend it as not worst list material.

21 hours ago, Cha said:

do you like all grown-up?

I barely remember any sort of bits from it, but I sure did remember thinking the show was alright.

2 hours ago, Clappy said:

Very belated thoughts on your worst list, but:

-Tuesday is hilarious to me because of how little iLoveMakonnen has in terms of actual presence as a lead artist.  Plus the chorus sticks out way too much that I really like using it amongst my friends because of how ridiculous it is.

-I don't completely understand your hatred of See You Again.  It had absolutely no right to be a number one hit for twelve weeks, but I think there was plenty of room for it to be a good, possibly great song if they gave it far more effort.

-No Type is incredibly stupid, but the production makes it a banger for me.

-Thanks for the shout out in Dear Future Husband. :funny:

-Marvin Gaye as your number one was a surprise.  I think it's too hilarious to hate that much, but I had it on my worst list so I can't defend it as not worst list material.

-There are some songs I can find hilarious, some others I don't. I think lining up "Tuesday" as #8 was enough. Yet again, I still think it's boring, and don't find any value regardless.

-My main discern with the song mostly went out to Wiz Khalifa, where he doesn't express sadness in Paul Walker's death compared to Charlie. My other discern, regardless to Puth's sincerity, I feel like he only became half good to me when he gets to the crooning part, it sounds unfitting in the background of a sad piano song that I find it kinda annoying. I feel like I wouldn't have a hard time trying to appreciate it if it paid some more attention to Paul's death as much as some of the important topics to Furious 7, but it ends up making me focus more on the song going two different directions and how the two artists execute it, so that's why this tribute song failed to work for me. I've compared a lot of other tribute songs to this and said they were good in comparison, because they pay a lot of attention to the subject matter, so I can pay as much attention to them myself, and because I can only point out one flaw for them for being sappy and schmaltzy at times. I don't know if you still understand, but if it helps, Todd's insight of the song would also sum it up for me.

-When I see how the critics give Rae Sremmurd some praise for how fun they sound, I fail to see it in "No Type" which still feels pretty lifeless to listen to IMO, compared to their other single releases.

-You're welcome. :funny:

-I wanted to make my list surprising, so I went with "Marvin Gaye," because, firstly, compared to Silento's one bad song, there's more than "Marvin Gaye" that I've disliked from Puth, while the aforementioned song becomes the centerpiece of why my hate for his music has been growing on me. (i.e. his execution and songwriting) Secondly, like I've said: there are some songs I can find hilarious while there some others that I just don't find the humor in for how bad it is. "Marvin Gaye" is really bad to me in a legitimate way because I've found as many reasons to hating it as much as "Watch Me," so of course my feelings were as strong.

Edited by Steel Sponge

You should go ahead and share your top to bottom year end chart.  Also belated thoughts on your best list.

-Ghost is fine but the rest of the song is weaker than the pretty good chorus to me.

-Talking Body is meh, but maybe it's just because I don't see all the hubbub about Tove Lo.  I'm still waiting for her to really impress me.

Also when are we getting your best animations of 2015?

4 minutes ago, Clappy said:

You should go ahead and share your top to bottom year end chart.  Also belated thoughts on your best list.

-Ghost is fine but the rest of the song is weaker than the pretty good chorus to me.

-Talking Body is meh, but maybe it's just because I don't see all the hubbub about Tove Lo.  I'm still waiting for her to really impress me.

Also when are we getting your best animations of 2015?

To be honest....at this point, I have a lot of binge watching to do if I need to put out my top 10 animations list. I'll have to see a lot of Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, We Bare Bears, and MLP Season 5 for this month/next month before I determine what my top 10 will look like. So, I'll end up posting it by February.