• Advertisement

Final Fantasy

Metal Snake

I'm bringing up an old misunderstanding, but I was making a joke. xD It's called Final Fantasy. 537933.gif
There actually is a story behing why it's called that.

The thing is that Squaresoft was going out of business and they decided to make one last game Final Fantasy. But then the game ended up being more popular than they thought, so it ended up becoming the popular series it is today.

There actually is a story behing why it's called that.

The thing is that Squaresoft was going out of business and they decided to make one last game Final Fantasy. But then the game ended up being more popular than they thought, so it ended up becoming the popular series it is today.

Oh, makes sense. 428899.gif

I've owned, played, and beaten (in no particular order) the following: "Final Fantasy Mystical Quest" for the Super NES, "Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls" for the Game Boy Advance, "Final Fantasy III" on the Super NES, "Final Fantasy IV Advance" on the Game Boy Advance, "Final Fantasy VI Advance" on the Game Boy Advance, "Final Fantasy Mystical Quest" on Wii Virtual Console, and "Final Fantasy IV" on the Nintendo DS.

Even 2011 me had a long way to go...

But yeah, I think this would have to be my favorite video game series now. I've played the first ten games and XII. My favorite is still X with VIII at a close second. My least favorite is I. Yeah, that first game on the NES was good for the time, but it just does not hold up very well today to me...

Bumping this because there is now much more to discuss with the release of World of Final Fantasy, the upcoming Final Fantasy VII remake, and of course, the newest game in the main series, Final Fantasy XV, which has received universal acclaim so far. It seems to be the first game most fans haven't found to be underwhelming since Final Fantasy X.