• 2/5 Clouds
    • 1/5 Clouds

1ljZ2Wk.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 22nd @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

SpongeBob befriends a small storm cloud, but has to protect it from a crazed weather man.

Clips:

Note: This episode has already been leaked online due to its UK airing.

Edited by Jon Snow

Stormy Weather was a fun episode that recaptured some of simplistic style SpongeBob is known for. The cloud itself, Drizzle reminded me a bit of Spot but it was still an enjoyable character on its own and I liked its dynamic with SpongeBob. While there weren't too many notable gags aside from Drizzle wetting Gary with water and Gale Doppler's character that I'll get to it soon, the episode had a good fast pacing to it, especially near the end where it got really cool. The biggest issue for me was that Gale Doppler was at times very annoying to me. However some of his shtick worked enough as a gag and he was actually a threatening villain. I also thought the part where Drizzle went inside Gale's stomach and turned him into a giant storm was funny as well. Overall, an enjoyable ride, even if it has annoying bits.

Grade: B

• Like 1

With all of the crazy things that "Spongebob Squarepants" has done as a series over the years, its often easy to forget that some of the things that got "Spongebob Squarepants" to be such a big cartoon phenomenon in the first place, was simple, concept driven episode ideas such as this one. The pacing in this episode, honestly felt like it belonged more with season one, than the season twelve it is a part of, not that it's a BAD thing! :rolleyes: The idea of clouds being sentient, is a concept that hasn't been explored that often in cartoons (save for the notable exception of that one Pixar short movie cartoon about how clouds make baby animals), and it was really interesting to see Spongebob bond with the cloud that he called Drizzle. I was totally NOT expecting the weatherman fish named Gale Doppler to actually BE an antagonist, and a surprisingly EFFECTIVE antagonist at that, as he NEARLY succeeded in destroying Drizzle! o.o Good thing he got his comeuppance, and learned the hard way that it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature! :hysterical: While I get the feeling that Drizzle was probably a one time thing, stranger things have happened. I give this episode an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers! :cool:

I thought this was a pretty entertaining episode. I actually enjoyed the character, Drizzle, and his interactions with SpongeBob (I liked that Winnie the Pooh reference btw). I also didn't expect Gale Doppler to be a villain in the episode, all without losing his cheerful weather man behavior, he still proved to be threatening. Overall, a great episode.

This is the first time Season 12 has held my interest, which isn’t a great thing, but eh. This was a cute episode that wasn’t just about shoving some sweetness in your face. It was about Dick Hardly being reincarnated as an evil Bikini Bottom weatherman.