• Advertisement

Did you ever watch SpongeBob in any different languages?

Karen

Now where have we had this topic before? Oh yeah! 428899.gif

http://www.tv.com/spongebob-squarepants/show/3428/anyone-watch-spongebob-in-a-different-language/topic/2520-1198784/msgs.html?msg_id=13029663#20

That there! Yeah, the topic that I decided to bump after many months and got on TOS for. I have to be honest, I never understood why the SpongeBob forum on TV.com was so strict about bumps. Bumping old topics is a much better idea then cluttering it with duplicates.

But I'm getting off topic. Post! I've seen "Graveyard Shift" in Spanish.

By the way, the creator of the topic on that link is awesome. 893573.gif

• Like 1

I'm going to be honest. No one voicing SpongeBob will ever top Tom Kenny. That's basically a fact. However I DO like that the dub voices don't try to imitate him. They use Tom Kenny's rendition as a starting point and then work from there to create their own suitable voice for SpongeBob.

• Like 1

Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian...and a couple more.

To help me learn Spanish I have been watching every DVD I own (SpongeBob & Non-SpongeBob) in Spanish/with Spanish subtitles.

EDIT: ZOMGZ I MADE THAT THREAD I DIDN'T EVEN REALISE. 125508.gif

Thanks for the compliment. 428899.gif

lol, how about I just copy/paste my post from that thread? lol

"As you said, I've seen it on Spanish A LOT, but also on (prepare yourselves) German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, Catalan (Spain's Spanish), Hebrew, Turkish, Danish, and Russian. Phew! And probably more!"

lol...that's my SpongeBob freak period, yeah! But I'm trying to watch it in French more (Season 3 DVD) now that I know a considerate amount of French :3

lol, how about I just copy/paste my post from that thread? lol

"As you said, I've seen it on Spanish A LOT, but also on (prepare yourselves) German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, Catalan (Spain's Spanish), Hebrew, Turkish, Danish, and Russian. Phew! And probably more!"

lol...that's my SpongeBob freak period, yeah! But I'm trying to watch it in French more (Season 3 DVD) now that I know a considerate amount of French :3

I wouldn't be able to do that, lol. It's just not the same if Tom Kenny isn't voicing Spongebob.

Going to watch my Season 4 boxset in Spanish tonight...that is, if the DVD has the option for Spanish. 428899.gif
I dont even have S4V2 D: I want it, but they dont have it anywhere, and if they do it's overpriced.
  • Like 1

I dont even have S4V2 D: I want it, but they dont have it anywhere, and if they do it's overpriced.
Ah that sucks. 305752.gif

Luckily the UK releases the seasons in entire boxsets rather than volumes, and thanks to Amazon's cheaper prices I've got seasons 1-5 all on DVD, and this Christmas I'm getting the 6th season. 125508.gif

I wouldn't be able to do that, lol. It's just not the same if Tom Kenny isn't voicing Spongebob.

Yah, it IS pretty weird. I HATE his Spanish voice, he sounds like -more of- an idiot xP I'd say the best overdub voice is his German one, all the other characters sound pretty accurate too.

I'm forced to watch it in dutch, becouse I live in the Netherlands.

In the older seasons I liked the english voices better, but now their voices all have changed, I prefer the dutch version. For some reason the dutch voice-actors never changed their style.