• Advertisement

Two and a Half Men

Clappy

They better start calling calling it Three Men soon.
Well it depends. I don't think the show is going to last for more than two or three more seasons since its already at season 9, so no need for a name change. :P

The series finale, "Three Men" or riot. Hell, have a spinoff and throw in a baby and we could have, Three Men and a Baby.
I lol'd. Although, I'm surprised they haven't made a show based off that concept (I know they made a movie, but still...)

After eight or nine episodes, I think it's safe to say that this show is just not what it once was (to me at least). I mean it's not the acting that is making this series bad, Ashton has done a good job with the material he has been given. The only acting complaint is about the chemistry between Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer could improve because they are pretty much the same character.

What has made this show unwatchable as of late is the writing team, which is horrendous. They can only go by so many poop, fart, and penis jokes for so long. Plus the plots have become stale. Which minor character is Walden going to sleep and/or make-out with tonight? This needs to be resolved soon or I am just going to stop watching the "new and improved" Two and a Half Men.

I am so confused right now.

And they should have made Two and a Half Men One and a Half Men. They should have done it. Last night's episode wasn't worth the airwaves it was being sent through.

And they should have made Two and a Half Men One and a Half Men. They should have done it. Last night's episode wasn't worth the airwaves it was being sent through.
I didn't even bother watching or reading a recap. What happened?

Major bump for this thread.  According to multiple entertainment sites, Two and a Half Men is adding a new main character to replace Jake, who is now gonna become a recurring character.  This new character will now be the long lost daughter of Charlie Harper.  She will be a girl in her late teens/early 20s who will move in with Walden and Alan.  Not sure if this will help the show get better or worse.  I definitely expect them to make plenty of boob jokes, so let's get that out of the way first.

I could have sworn we had a topic for this show back in the day because I remember commenting on this in the past.  Couldn't find it in search though and I'm not determined enough to find it's whereabouts.

But this ended yesterday and I felt like it was just as good a time as any to comment on it.  I use to enjoy this show a lot.  Huge guilty pleasure despite this show being gloriously stupid.  Probably due to Charlie Sheen and Jon Crier's chemistry making up for a lot of it...

Then came the last two years of the Sheen era where you noticed the decline in quality.  The writing got lazy af, but at least the two leads held it from being a train wreck.  Then Sheen's dispute with creator Chuck Lorre happened and he got replaced by Ashton Kutcher.  That's where this show started to suck massively and it became a repeated punching bag on my year end worst list for television.  I couldn't stop tuning in on and off again to see how bad this could get.

Then the one hour finale happened.  Holy god did this show end on a strong note with that finale.  Nearly makes up for how shitacular this last season was.  We didn't get Charlie Sheen back or anything, but we got Chuck Lorre pointing out how stupid this show got multiple times.  Oh and a cameo from Arnold Schwarzenegger helped too.  But I love it when a show mocks itself and this finale was fascinating with how many times it broke the fourth wall and how much it glorified how shitty this series got.  Probably one of the better series finales I've watched over the past few years from a show that I have no respect for.  That's saying something.

I could have sworn we had a topic for this show back in the day because I remember commenting on this in the past.  Couldn't find it in search though and I'm not determined enough to find it's whereabouts.

But this ended yesterday and I felt like it was just as good a time as any to comment on it.  I use to enjoy this show a lot.  Huge guilty pleasure despite this show being gloriously stupid.  Probably due to Charlie Sheen and Jon Crier's chemistry making up for a lot of it...

Then came the last two years of the Sheen era where you noticed the decline in quality.  The writing got lazy af, but at least the two leads held it from being a train wreck.  Then Sheen's dispute with creator Chuck Lorre happened and he got replaced by Ashton Kutcher.  That's where this show started to suck massively and it became a repeated punching bag on my year end worst list for television.  I couldn't stop tuning in on and off again to see how bad this could get.

Then the one hour finale happened.  Holy god did this show end on a strong note with that finale.  Nearly makes up for how shitacular this last season was.  We didn't get Charlie Sheen back or anything, but we got Chuck Lorre pointing out how stupid this show got multiple times.  Oh and a cameo from Arnold Schwarzenegger helped too.  But I love it when a show mocks itself and this finale was fascinating with how many times it broke the fourth wall and how much it glorified how shitty this series got.  Probably one of the better series finales I've watched over the past few years from a show that I have no respect for.  That's saying something.

I found the old topic and merged your post with it.