• Advertisement

209a. SpongeBob's Place

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Patties: SpongeBob's Place! SpongeBob's Place!
    • 4/5 Patties: Coming right up!
    • 3/5 Patties: SpongeBob's out of the kitchen!
    • 2/5 Patties: We've read every book and played every game!
    • 1/5 Patties: The customer said to make them good like they used to be.

HbhKkel.png 

Premieres: 

Saturday, March 11th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, March 12th @ 4:30pm ET/PT

Saturday, March 18th @ 9:30am ET/PT

Plot:

Mr. Krabs' customers abandon him when SpongeBob starts cooking at home.

Clips:

1.) http://www.nick.com/spongebob-squarepants/videos/spongebob-sqaurepants-209-clip/

Edited by jjsthekid

I thought this was a really nice episode. It was nice to see the customers really appreciate SpongeBob. They've always enjoyed his krabby patties, but here I really felt like it meant something. It was kinda amusing to see Mr. Krabs getting jealous of SpongeBob's attention and trying to make krabby patties. I thought the ending was really sweet with Mr. Krabs renaming the restaurant (sorta).

I think I spotted Eels and Escalators. I'm also surprised that Bubble Bass still enjoys SpongeBob's krabby patties.

SQUIDWARD SINGING "I Hate People" made my day, literally. I wanna sing this in public. <3

In my Mimic Madness post, I mentioned that the show has been going on for such a long time and it still manages to make new stuff with characters. With this episode, the episode definitely took elements from previous episodes (Bummer Vacation, Patty Hype, The Krusty Sponge and Banned in Bikini Bottom), so calling this premise new wouldn't be true but unlike some other episodes I've seen in season 6-8, this episode felt different for sure. I love the fact that people will eat krabby patties if SpongeBob makes them well or terribly because costumers just trust SpongeBob, so Mr. Krabs acting like SpongeBob managed to at least keep costumers stay in a while until Mr. Krabs revealed himself. I really like how SpongeBob actually charges costumers with money, so It's just nice to see SpongeBob actually caring about his wealth for a bit. Of course at the end, he's back to being underpaid but he's happier that he'll work with Krusty Krab. It was kind of sweet that Mr. Krabs gave SpongeBob a bit tiny credit for his work. I wish he'd give him more credit that he deserves but it's Mr. Krabs, it's hard to expect him to act completely respectful. That's one thing that bugged me a bit but I'm learning to accept it. The gags were really great. Mr. Krabs' attempts to keep costumers were pretty funny, Gary as Squidward was joy to see and all of Squidward's sarcasm and joyfulness here was gold. This is definitely one of the best episodes of this season.

Grade: A-

• Happy 1

It was pretty fine. Not my favorite S10 episode thus far, but it had some amusing parts, like Gary Squidward and Squidward's I Hate People song. While the concept didn't sound that interesting at first to me, I did like how it was executed here, since it shows SpongeBob is still a great fry cook even without needing to work at the Krusty Krab, so I liked that angle. My only major gripe with the episode is that I feel the resolution made no sense. They had to shut down the business because they were serving food in a pineapple... what? I don't know, maybe I missed something, but it felt kind of out of nowhere, and seems like they were low on time to make a proper resolution. I did like how Mr. Krabs got jealous of SpongeBob (even though that felt like Patty Hype, but it was kinda different), and how they managed to work things out near the end in a strangely heartwarming way.

Also, the Magic Conch and #1 Soda Hat made a cameo in the house, so that's cool. 

Grade: B

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3

I pointed out the Magic Conch and Soda Hat to Jjs. ;D

The 99-1 split felt too reminiscent of the scene that just happened in Factory Fresh. 

Squidward was amusing enough with fanning Krabs' flames and the musical number.

Also I'd really appreciate it if they stopped making it seem like nobody in the KK knows how to grill except Spongebob. A simple "this doesn't quite taste the same" from the customers would've been better than the gross-out patties.

The sticker flying off at the end (even though it wouldn't have been noticeable in future episodes anyways) solidifies this being a forgettable experience.

Just catching up on these episodes, since I was on vacation at San Antonio when they first aired. 

SpongeBob's Place: This may have be another restaurant themed episode, but it had a rather decent premise. My only problem is that we barely see SpongeBob serving Krabby Patties at his place, thus making the title rather ironic. Half of the episode revolves on Mr. Krabs struggling at the Krusty Krab without SpongeBob. There were a few funny moments including the part where Squidward was at the Krusty Krab all by himself and he sings "I hate people." The ending of the episode was pretty nice, in which Krusty Krab is also considered to be SpongeBob's place (in other words, the main settings for most episodes nowadays). All in all, it's a good episode, but they should have explored more of SpongeBob's house as a restaurant. 8/10