• Advertisement

Disney Channel; Going Up or Down?

Deli

Anyone else here besides me think that Disney is turning into a soul-stealing monster that survives on the brains of prepubescents? I mean, they stopped making cartoons and made:

Hannah Montana: A show that gives you multiple personality disorder (MPD) and teaches you that if you can't sing, then you fail at life.

JONAS: Another show about music. Also says that if you can't play music, then you don't matter.

Wizards of Waverly Place: A cheap knock-off of Sabrina the Teenage Witch that gives witches and wizards a bad name.

And many other shows that follow the above formulas. Discuss how you feel about the new Disney here.

^Yes, there's a difference between Disney CHANNEL and Disney. 893573.gif

True. Very true. They do make SOME good movies nowadays. The Princess and the Frog was freakin' AMAZING. But the remake of Race to Witch Mountain sucked.

The Disney channel is free falling in epic proportions as they seem to be focusing more on making money rather than putting out good quality shows. I don't blame them for it and I would be doing the same if I were in their shoes, but I am not in their shoes so I'm gonna bitch about it.

Hannah Montana - Was never fond of this show to begin with but the last few seasons have been about Miley being a whiny bitch and only caring about herself.

Wizards of Waverly Place - I actually use to like this show. It had witty jokes and reminded me a lot of how good Disney use to be, but then Wizards vs Vampires happened and after that the show started to suck in my opinion.

Sonny With A Chance - See my thread about this show as I gave a list of how the only good thing on this show is Sterling Knight's character.

The Suite Life on Deck - I was a huge supporter of the spin-off back in season 1, but wow they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of episode ideas. I remember back when Moseby use to be a father figure to the twins, but now he has turned into one of the dumb adults that Spencer mocked about on iCarly.

Phineas and Ferb - I admit I like this show but only because of the B storyline aka Perry the Platypus. The four or five minutes each episode gets in terms of Perry vs Doofenshmirtz always seems to entertain me. However, Phineas and Ferb is the same old same old and it use to not bother me, but damn the show has gotten so irritating with some of the most stupid ideas for main plots.

JONAS - Fail, fail, fail. I applaud them for not having a laugh track, but its probably because they know that no one would laugh at some of these lame attempts for jokes. The drama they have added for Season 2 also sucks. I haven't watched this show yet, but not going to bother.

Fish Hooks - I'm not even going to bother watch this show. Good for them to have another cartoon, but no no no.

Shake It Up - Another bad looking show. Looks worse than the rest of the slate listed above.

The only show on DC I love is Wizards of Waverly Place, but the new series is going to suck since they're making that British guy a main character, and he's nothing like any other British person, which really annoys me. Stereotyping. Grrrr.

Apart from that, TSLoD started sucking after Season 1 (which wasn't even that good), Sonny is watchable, but only just. Hannah Montana...thank goodness it's nearly over. Jonas fails at being funny. Fish Hooks is pathetic. Teenage problems on fish? No thanks I'll stick to SpongeBob. P&F is boring, but I do like Good Luck, Charlie. The rest are meh.

I miss That's So Raven. 305752.gif