• Advertisement

(US People) What's the most popular movie set in your state?

Joe Biden

A lot of you guys may recall me posting a topic where you find the most popular TV show set in your state.

Yeah, that one. Well, there's another one like it but with movies. And here it is:

https://mic.com/articles/115550/this-map-reveals-the-most-popular-film-set-in-each-state#.1duhBAszm

I hope most of you know about the unlabeled states well enough to know what they are because I ain't telling. Anyways, I got Scarface, that's pretty cool.

For Georgia, it's Gone With the Wind. Meh.

At least there's the fact Atlanta has become the "Hollywood of the South" and more movies are being filmed here even if they aren't set here :P 

33 minutes ago, Katniss said:

For Georgia, it's Gone With the Wind. Meh.

At least there's the fact Atlanta has become the "Hollywood of the South" and more movies are being filmed here even if they aren't set here :P 

I know Gone With the Wind was set here, too, but FMJ is apparently more popular.

3 minutes ago, JCM said:

I know Gone With the Wind was set here, too, but FMJ is apparently more popular.

But Gone With the Wind takes place in Georgia, not South Carolina.

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

But Gone With the Wind takes place in Georgia, not South Carolina.

Oh, I remember it having scenes in Charleston, but I might be mistaken.

4 hours ago, Rock said:

I'm not even sure if my state has one thanks to how jumbled it is at the MD/VA/DE area, but I guess Fight Club? Should see it sometime, too.

After looking at the map and Wiki'ing where the film took place/was filmed at, this was all I could determine about the jumbled states.

Bringing Up Baby – Connecticut

The Shawshank Redemption - Maine

The Departed – Massachusetts

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town – Vermont

Lolita – New Hampshire

Hachi: A Dog’s Tale – Rhode Island

The Night of the Hunter – West Virginia

Fight Club – Delaware

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington – Washington D.C.

Sorry, New Jersey and Maryland people, but I can't seem to find your movie on the map. Buuuuuuuut, I can still determine which Maryland film was the most popular using the same system they did for the rest of the states. Maryland gets Traffic at 7.6, but I'm not going to determine New Jersey's yet since it turns out there are a lot of films that were filmed/took place there.

Also, apparently Free Birds takes place in Maryland so feel free to live with that on your conscious.