• Advertisement

My top anime series as requested by crushing

Katniss

Please let the next overlord not make me have to make another thread lol

To be honest, I haven't seen a ton of anime. I watched a few series in middle school  and one or two in HS and then I didn't really get back into anime until about 2 years ago. There's still a few acclaimed series I haven't checked out. So this is more of a list of what are my favorites right now, rather than a top series of all time list, though some of these have been my favorites for years.

10. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

It's a romantic comedy that's not really a romantic comedy. It starts off with a girl trying to confess to her crush (and she keeps attempting to do so throughout the show) but it's really about her and the cast of characters around her having comedic adventures as they work on a manga series. It's very amusing.

9. Haikyuu!!

I was never a sports anime fan but this show made me change my tune somewhat. I love seeing how intense the volleyball matches are in this show, but what's even better than that are the characters. I pretty much love everyone on this show and seeing them develop and get backstories makes me happy. 

8. Axis Powers Hetalia

I'm not caught up with this show but it's always been one I enjoyed. I like history and APH presents it in a lulzy way with the personification of countries. Even the Axis powers, who obviously you're not supposed to be rooting for, are lovable. 

7. Boku no Hero Academia

The newest show to make my list. It speaks to my love of superheroes and Deku is an adorable underdog protagonist who I really want to see succeed. Looking forward to what directions this show takes. Though I could just read the manga if I stop being lazy

6. Osomatsu-san

This anime is pretty funny. It's about sextuplet brothers, all of whom have their own little quirks that make them endearing. But it also unexpectedly brings the feels, though I won't give anything away for anyone who hasn't seen it. This show is so weird and I love it.

5. Barakamon

It may only be 12 episodes long, but what it lacks in quantity, it surely makes up in quality. Barakamon starts as a typical fish-out-of-water story with a city boy moving to the country, but soon turns into a sweet, funny show as our main character grows and develops as well as forms relationships with citizens in his new rural dwellings. 

4. Azumanga Daioh

This is hands-down one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. It has a cast of eccentric characters that never fails to amuse me. There isn't really an overarching plot, it's just daily adventures in the lives of a bunch of high school girls, with plenty of wackiness sprinkled in. And that's all it needs to be in my book.

3. Ouran High School Host Club

Ouran is awesome. It takes the conventions of typical harem & shoujo anime and satirizes them, creating a show filled with hilarity. However, it has a bunch of emotional moments as well. I certainly kiss kiss fell in love with this show. *rimshot*

2. Cowboy Bebop

This anime is iconic. Great opening theme song, great characters...everything about it is pretty cool. And it's a series that has a pretty damn good dub (in fact, I've only seen the dubbed version, thanks to Toonami :P ) to boot.

1. Soul Eater

This show started off slow at first but once it started picking up, I was captivated by it. Not only does it have an intriguing plot, but the action is well-done, there's a good mix of both drama and comedy, and the main characters are complex and entertaining. It's a fun adventure.

And an honorable mention to Sailor Moon. The 90s DiC dub wasn't the best, but I loved the characters and kid me adored seeing a show that allowed girls to kick butt. I credit this show for getting me interested in anime in the first place and providing some fond memories. 

• Like 5

My favorite anime is either Soul Eater or Clannad, although Clannad is really damn sad, fair warning. That said, I've recently been obsessed with (if you can't tell from my profile photo) Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

• Like 2

Soul Eater is one of my favorites, never get bored watching it. Azumanga Daioh is a timeless classic and I could watch it many times and it never stop liking it. Been getting into Boku no Hero Academia myself, I still need to see more chapters tho.

9 minutes ago, crushingmayhem said:

Been getting into Boku no Hero Academia myself, I still need to see more chapters tho.

Interesting, how do you like it so far?

3 hours ago, crushingmayhem said:

Only seen the first episode but it has a pretty interesting story. Reminds me of Tiger and Bunny in some aspects.

I also like Tiger and Bunny. Though it can be corny and cliche, it's very entertaining.

On 6/3/2016 at 4:24 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

My favorite anime is either Soul Eater or Clannad, although Clannad is really damn sad, fair warning. That said, I've recently been obsessed with (if you can't tell from my profile photo) Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

omg yes Clannad has been one of (if not) my favorite anime for a while now

Great list, I love Ouran and Hetalia.