• Advertisement

Eminem

storytime7

Another bump.

I used to hate really dislike him because most of the fans I knew were huge douches ('nother story for another), but i've really grown to appreciate him. His early stuff, anyway. It has that disgusting and tasteless vibe I get a kick out of. You don't see often anymore. Some pretty bawlzy tunes, d00d. His newer stuff...eh...let's not go there. SLIM SHADY LIVES!

My Name is will always remain one of my favourite Eminem tunes.

Yeah, I love that one. I realize why I used to not like it (had less to do with the actual song and more with, again, douchebags), but when I listen to it nowadays, i'm like, "fuck yeah."

So after listening to his new song "Berzerk" for the third time, I have to say.  I actually like it.  I definitely dig the Beastie Boys vibe and while I'm kinda mixed about the sampling of "The Stroke" it actually works pretty well with the whole "party anthem" kind of vibe Enimem seems to be going for with this song.  I don't know if I'll feel the same way two months from now, but at this moment, this is one of the best things Eminem has done in the newer years.

Oh and btw some of the lyrics are freaking hilariously amazing.

I’m going ham ya bish, shout out to Kendrick
Let’s bring it back to that thing that’s slim, bitch!
The art of the MCing mixed with da Vinci and MC Ren
And I don’t mean Stimpy’s friend, bitch
Been Public Enemy since you thought PE was gym, bitch

Shout outs to Kendrick Lamar, MC Ren from N.W.A., and Public Enemy?  Clappy approves. But my personal favorite is this:

They say that love is powerful as cough syrup and Styrofoam
All I know is I fell asleep and woke up in that Monte Carlo
With the ugly Kardashian
Lamar, oh sorry we done both set the bar low

Poor Lamar Odom...at least you don't get constantly mocked in the chorus like Kevin Federline does since he did let himself go.

Lyrically, I love it. Eminem's back to making fun of current stars, and it sounds like he's having fun with the track.

Musically, though, I find it to be messy and unfocused. It sounds less like a party song and more an insane asylum song. So overall, "meh".