• Advertisement

Forum Behavior

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

SBC doesn't particularly have an issue on forum behavior, but I would like to make a small little post concerning certain events that have been happening within the SpongeBob fandom.

Using any kind of targeting or hateful language, whether it's a joke or being sarcastic or even being serious, is not allowed on The SpongeBob Community or SpongeBuddy Mania at all. This includes any jokes involving, but not exclusively, "kill yourself," "I hate you," and "you're retarded." This kind of language is never appropriate in any place of establishment. It's not appropriate at school, at home, at church, and it's certainly not appropriate here.

SBC is proud to be a safe environment for you to try new things, and we encourage this by allowing you to express your feelings and asking questions that you would have been afraid to do elsewhere, but we do take harassment of any kind very seriously. I would like to remind people of this rule:

"Sexist, agist, racist, harassment of a user’s religion, race, opinions, orientation, or homophobic language, or language that directly targets or attacks a person or group is not permitted; immediate week suspension"

We are not afraid of giving an immediate week suspension over hateful language.

That being said, SBC doesn't typically have an issue over hateful language. Let's keep it this way. :)

I approve of this, although I do wonder if this means I can't express my opinions on certain touchy subjects? I'm gonna assume that's fine if I remain respectful with how I state things.

Edited by Teamwork

Guest hilaryfan80
11 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

I approve of this, although I do wonder if this means I can't express my opinions on certain touchy subjects? I'm gonna assume that's fine if I remain respectful with how I state things.

You've got it! You can talk about anything as long as it's respectful. In fact, we encourage this!

And if you have any questions whether something is appropriate, you can message your post to any of the staff members and ask. They can tell you if it's acceptable or not without any consequences!

Guest ssj4gogita4
23 hours ago, Teamwork said:

No, expressing your opinions here at all is forbidden. This is a fact.

Guest ssj4gogita4
22 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

I disagree cuz you are a ginger (D) 

Well hilaryfan80 liked my post so it's now a fact. I win.