• Advertisement

Woo! Football!

Clappy

4 minutes ago, Lord Dominator said:

Dang it you beat me to it SG :P

I thought he was gonna get another year, but it makes sense after all the changes and you get a losing record after back to back 10 win seasons.

On 12/27/2015 at 5:04 PM, illiniguy34 said:

So Carolina is no longer undefeated, the NFC East is officially the biggest joke this year, Peyton Manning gets accused of using HGH, New England can't freakin' pay attention during a coin toss for overtime, and the Bears apparently won their first December game since 2013 against Cleveland. Quite the bizarre week 16, isn't it? Oh yeah and one more thing, I hope Arizona beats Green Bay today. I can't tell you how much I despise the Packers.

Well, you definitely got your wish at the end. Really got that wish. :P

If we lose and Seattle loses against Arizona (HIGHLY LIKELY CONSIDERING WEEK 16 GAMES) then we play Washington, Seattle wins we lose we play Green Bay in Lambeau for the second straight week, if we win no matter what we play Seattle. Gah, I feel so conflicted. :unsure:

Well, Clappy was right about one thing. Kelly didn't last into 2016 with the Eagles. I think he'll go to Tennessee next. A Titans team with Marcus Mariota and the first overall pick coached by Chip Kelly could be scary in a couple of years.

Some Playoff thoughts:

- I seriously believe that the Packers are gonna get killed by the Redskins this weekend. Rodgers has been sacked 13 times in the past 2 games and the team as a whole has scored 21 combined points. This just isn't the Super Bowl caliber team from last year or the year before. On top of that, Redskins are playing real good rn (4 wins in a row to finish the year) and I think it'll result in a playoff win (never thought I'd write that this year. Good job Jay Gruden and co.) Also good for the Vikings to win the division and all, but Seattle's figured their issues out at the right time, so not really confident in them winning even at home (Sorry Trophy :/)

- The sneaky Steelers can beat the Bengals, but I feel hesitant to proclaim it with another Steelers running back possibly injured in Deanglo Williams, even as good as the Steelers passing game is. I'll go on a limb and say the Texans get revenge on the Chiefs for the opening season loss as well.

- Even as bad as Seatte got them this weekend, I still feel confident in my pick of Arizona as my Super Bowl champions from the NFC. Same with the Patriots, but I'm just a little less confident with the offensive line injuries in particular.

Spoiler

I fully expect to be mostly wrong on all of this :laugh:

3 hours ago, illiniguy34 said:

One thing that made me very happy about this NFL season overall.....

12509367_893530650761299_290609108682527

I don't think you have anything to worry about Packers wise, man. As Brady said, they've sacked so much due to many of their offensive lines players getting injured. Whatever passes they do make simply would struggle to compete with those of the other superpower teams or at lwast that's how I'm seeing it... id be shocked if they won even one playoff game 

My early thoughts about the opening playoff round:

-Steelers are going to beat the Bengals.  Marvin Lewis has not won a playoff game and until he proves me otherwise, I'm not buying the Bengals chances. The Steelers have the best passing attack in the NFL right now and I think they are definitely the sleeper team of the AFC.  They have the chance to surprise a lot of people.

-Texans/Chiefs will be interesting.  It could possibly come down to which QB will play for the Texans.  It's not going to matter in the end to me though because I have the Chiefs, the hottest team in the NFL, winning this one before they come crashing down to Earth next week at Foxboro.

-Congrats on winning the NFC North Vikings.  You get to have the honor of getting your asses handed to you by the Seahawks who are finally peaking at the right time.  Wouldn't surprise me if it's a blowout.

-I'm not entirely sold on these Redskins beating the Packers discussions.  Yeah Aaron Rodgers is having a "down year", but even if it's a "down year", he still has thrown only 31 TDs to 8 INTs.  How awful...is everyone kidding me or am I insane?!  Those are still some of the best stats in the NFL at the QB position.  Even if his receiving corp is weaker than year's past and his OL isn't blocking for him, Rodgers is still one of the best and I'm not counting him out in the opening round against a Redskins team that chokes in prime time games.  Yeah they are really good at home, but I'm throwing those stats out the window when it comes to the postseason where Kirk Cousins needs to prove it to me that he can win a big game like this.  I'm not predicting the Packers to win another game after this one because either the Panthers or Cardinals will have their way with the winner the week after, but I put my trust in a coach and a QB that are both Super Bowl winners to handle a non-playoff tested team like these Redskins.

I'm sorta on a toss-up for all these games actually

Chiefs/Texans defenses have been peaking lately, KC has Maclin and Kelce on offense and Houston has Deandre Hopkins....have to go with Houston here honestly, the red zone and turnovers should be the major factor whoever wins though. Texans(4) 17 Chiefs(5) 10

Pittsburgh/Cincy because of injuries on both sides....although Cincinnati's secondary is certainly better than Pittsburgh's so I have to go with Cincinnati here.

Cincinnati(3): 27 Pittsburgh(6) 24 OT

Hawks Vikes: Hawks, pains me, but to be honest I was thinking 9 win year best, proud of this team to show some fight for the upcoming years, but Bridgewater's sliding down again so if the recievers can't get open in time the OLine is just going to collapse, and somehow we were the only team to have the same OLine starting all year too. Well at least we won't be forced to put Terrance Newman at safety because of a ton of injuries again...yay? Seriously, it was pretty ugly because of that.

Seattle(6): 24 Minnesota(3): 10

Packers Redskins: Oh boy this is quite the interesting one, Green Bay has a pretty mean pass defense so I am expecting them to at least stop Kirk for 1 quarter, and the Redskins defense could be where Randall Cobb and James Jones start to spark, maybe even Devante Adams too, but I feel like somehow Washington will still win in the end for some reason, in just 4 quarters, maybe Green Bay gets on fire way too late like last week. Also Seattle is a team that loses twice to the Rams...yet still one of the deadliest....man those Rams can beat anyone as long as they're out more west than they are. :S

Washington(4): 28 Green Bay(5): 21

Projected 2nd round

AFC

(4)Houston@ (1)Denver

(3)Cincinnati@ (2)New England

NFC

(6) Seattle@ (1)Carolina

(4) Washington@ (2)Arizona

So the Wild Card......

-KC vs HOU: I was disappointed in Houston, I mean to get shut out in the playoffs AT HOME is tough to swallow. 

-PIT vs CIN: I thought this would go either way and I'm fine with Pittsburgh winning this one.

-SEA vs MIN: OMG IT'S GARY ANDERSON ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: In all seriousness, I'm glad that Seattle won :miley: .

-WAS vs GB: Despite the fact that I despise the Packers in every single way, I wasn't surprised to see that they won (even if part of me thought they'd still lose somehow).

On January 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Clappy said:

My early thoughts about the opening playoff round:

-Steelers are going to beat the Bengals.  Marvin Lewis has not won a playoff game and until he proves me otherwise, I'm not buying the Bengals chances.  The Steelers have the best passing attack in the NFL right now and I think they are definitely the sleeper team of the AFC.  They have the chance to surprise a lot of people.

-Texans/Chiefs will be interesting.  It could possibly come down to which QB will play for the Texans.  It's not going to matter in the end to me though because I have the Chiefs, the hottest team in the NFL, winning this one before they come crashing down to Earth next week at Foxboro.

-Congrats on winning the NFC North Vikings.  You get to have the honor of getting your asses handed to you by the Seahawks who are finally peaking at the right time.  Wouldn't surprise me if it's a blowout.

-I'm not entirely sold on these Redskins beating the Packers discussions.  Yeah Aaron Rodgers is having a "down year", but even if it's a "down year", he still has thrown only 31 TDs to 8 INTs.  How awful...is everyone kidding me or am I insane?!  Those are still some of the best stats in the NFL at the QB position.  Even if his receiving corp is weaker than year's past and his OL isn't blocking for him, Rodgers is still one of the best and I'm not counting him out in the opening round against a Redskins team that chokes in prime time games.  Yeah they are really good at home, but I'm throwing those stats out the window when it comes to the postseason where Kirk Cousins needs to prove it to me that he can win a big game like this.  I'm not predicting the Packers to win another game after this one because either the Panthers or Cardinals will have their way with the winner the week after, but I put my trust in a coach and a QB that are both Super Bowl winners to handle a non-playoff tested team like these Redskins.

Shout out to this guy for predicting every single game correctly. (smirk)

Although the Vikings choke job of a last second FG totally surprised me.  Definitely reminds me of Ace Ventura and thank you internet for beating me to the punch.  LACES OUT:

On 1/4/2016 at 5:42 PM, E.V.I.L said:

I don't think you have anything to worry about Packers wise, man. As Brady said, they've sacked so much due to many of their offensive lines players getting injured. Whatever passes they do make simply would struggle to compete with those of the other superpower teams or at lwast that's how I'm seeing it... id be shocked if they won even one playoff game 

Yeah, though it is still hilarious for a Bears fan such as myself :laugh:  (and yes, all you Vikings and Lions fans can join in with me on that).

1 hour ago, E.V.I.L said:

Welcome to my life in a nutshell :laugh:

Yeeaahh, wanna go get pizza? :shake:

On an unrelated note, the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. Sorry for your loss, St. Louis (not really :laugh:). JK, it probably sucks for many in St. Louis, even if the Rams have been sucking a ton lately.

Edited by illiniguy34

10 minutes ago, illiniguy34 said:

On an unrelated note, the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. Sorry for your loss, St. Louis (not really :laugh:). JK, it probably sucks for many in St. Louis, even if the Rams have been sucking a ton lately.

As if Cali didn't have enough football teams already :P