• Advertisement

Deadpool (Movie)

WhoBibbles

Here's the non-raunchy version.

Here's the raunchy and better version.

Okay, I'm excited for this and I didn't even see the entire X-Men franchise. It has a lot potential to be a really funny and awesome superhero movie. 2016, you continue to hype me up.

Here's the non-raunchy version.

Here's the raunchy and better version.

Okay, I'm excited for this and I didn't even see the entire X-Men franchise. It has a lot potential to be a really funny and awesome superhero movie. 2016, you continue to hype me up.

Why would seeing the X-Men franchise matter? He doesn't carry a mutant gene and he's only an X-Men when they need him, like in Uncanny X-Force. He interacts with those characters but he also interacts with Spider-Man and the Avengers too, but since Fox doesn't own the rights to them they can't have him do that. I wasn't even expecting an X-Men character to show up, but seeing Colossus (and seeing him look good) has me excited.

I'm glad it seems like they're keeping his character more in-line with what he should be (a severely manic depressive/broken person using humor as a crutch because he can't die and his only other option would be to live in a world of pain and misery) instead of what people who don't read comics think he should be (a fourth-wall breaking meme generator). I have faith that Ryan Reynolds has been a fan of the character since before Daniel Way wrote him so I also have faith that he understands the character enough and has enough dignity to have walked away from the project if it wasn't turning out well (which also gives me hope for Channing Tatum as Gambit, but that's a different topic).

I wasn't totally sold on the humor for whatever reason (I liked him drawing a picture of him shooting Fantomex and I liked TJ Miller's lines enough to want to see a b-role of that scene but I thought the Green Lantern jab was too meta for the type of character Deadpool should be) and it seems like they're doing R-rated crap because they can and not because it actually services the character or the situation, but I guess since everyone wanted this to be rated R it works out because now people won't be able to complain about the movie not being violent or raunchy enough (even though it doesn't need to be R-rated violent or raunchy).

• Like 1

Why would seeing the X-Men franchise matter? He doesn't carry a mutant gene and he's only an X-Men when they need him, like in Uncanny X-Force. He interacts with those characters but he also interacts with Spider-Man and the Avengers too, but since Fox doesn't own the rights to them they can't have him do that. I wasn't even expecting an X-Men character to show up, but seeing Colossus (and seeing him look good) has me excited.

I'm glad it seems like they're keeping his character more in-line with what he should be (a severely manic depressive/broken person using humor as a crutch because he can't die and his only other option would be to live in a world of pain and misery) instead of what people who don't read comics think he should be (a fourth-wall breaking meme generator). I have faith that Ryan Reynolds has been a fan of the character since before Daniel Way wrote him so I also have faith that he understands the character enough and has enough dignity to have walked away from the project if it wasn't turning out well (which also gives me hope for Channing Tatum as Gambit, but that's a different topic).

I wasn't totally sold on the humor for whatever reason (I liked him drawing a picture of him shooting Fantomex and I liked TJ Miller's lines enough to want to see a b-role of that scene but I thought the Green Lantern jab was too meta for the type of character Deadpool should be) and it seems like they're doing R-rated crap because they can and not because it actually services the character or the situation, but I guess since everyone wanted this to be rated R it works out because now people won't be able to complain about the movie not being violent or raunchy enough (even though it doesn't need to be R-rated violent or raunchy).

The bold part especially.  I nerded out more over that Colossus appearance more than anything else.

As terminoob stated, I wasn't totally sold on the humor either and that's coming from someone who loves Deadpool's humor.  But hey, it's coming off as R-rated.  Which this movie needs to be because if this ends up sucking, fans won't blame it on being violent or raunchy enough.  At least, Ryan Reynolds is obviously a big enough fan of the character that he appears to be doing him tons of justice acting and character-wise which I really appreciate.  That's also because I like Ryan Reynolds even though he's been picking too many bad projects for the last four-five years.

I'm still seeing this regardless, but the teaser trailers did provide me enough hope to think this could be tons of fun.

Bumping this thread because it's almost in theater and it seems like a lot of people have been praising the shit out of the movie and calling it a mockery of superhero movies in a funny way. I'm more excited for this movie than ever. The trailers, the marketing, everything they are making with this movie are fantastic.

I've just come back home from seeing it. Absolutely worth it. It was one of the funniest movies, I've seen in a while. From raunchiness to 4th wall jokes, almost every joke made me laugh so hard. Pretty much a movie with lots of references (not just superhero and Ryan Renolds references, trust me) and references were priceless. Ryan Renolds as Deadpool, perfect choice for an amazing character, not only he was funny af, his character was very interesting and you can understand what he went through a lot and even though his actions are wrong, you can still root for him. The action scenes were not only exciting, hilarious as well, especially the opening scene really made me laugh a lot. This movie is pretty much a breath of new fresh air after seeing so many cliched superhero movies, even if I don't mind cliches most of time. I really want to see this character a lot because ever since I bought my first comic, which was about him, I loved him so much. More Deadpool please. A+

Deadpool is on track to have a $130 million opening weekend, and due to great word-of-mouth, I'm confident it'll go on to beat Passion of the Christ as the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time. I'll be watching it next week.

Just now, JCM said:

Deadpool is on track to have a $130 million opening weekend, and due to great word-of-mouth, I'm confident it'll go on to beat Passion of the Christ as the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time. I'll be watching it next week.

I knew Deadpool would make so much money. How they are marketing it is so amazing.

On 2/13/2016 at 11:32 AM, Deadpool said:

I knew Deadpool would make so much money. How they are marketing it is so amazing.

It's definitely better than how they marketed Fantastic Four, but the main difference between Deadpool and Fant4stic is Deadpool isn't a total piece of garbage.

1 minute ago, JCM said:

It's definitely better than how they marketed Fantastic Four, but the main difference between Deadpool and Fant4stic is Deadpool isn't a total piece of garbage.

Deadpool crew and Ryan Renolds wanted to be as respectful as they can and they managed to honor Deadpool. Fantastic 4 was just made to stay in FOX and it was made carelessly. Fantastic 4 could have been something actually. The crew and the cast behind it worked in lots of great projects and It could have been good If there weren't production problems. :/ 

20 minutes ago, Kitty said:

This movie doesn't have a lot of gorey violence, does it?

It does have violence and killing lots of people but not to the point that it's very bloody and disgusting. It uses violence for action and it uses it very well.

55 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

It does have violence and killing lots of people but not to the point that it's very bloody and disgusting. It uses violence for action and it uses it very well.

I assume it's rated R because of the raunchiness.