• Advertisement

Deadpool (Movie)

BoJack Horseman

12 minutes ago, Kitty said:

I assume it's rated R because of the raunchiness.

It has a lot of swearing and sex jokes, especially 2 minute montage of Wade Wilson and his girlfriend having sex (it's hilarious tho). If you love Rick and Morty type humor and 4th wall jokes, you'll love this one.

• Like 1

I thought this was pretty good.  I wish it didn't fall for the same sort of cliches that the movie was constantly spoofing because it became as bogged down as the others did.  Also I think that about 75-80% of the jokes here worked.  There were plenty of noticeable misses but I didn't expect all the fourth wall breaks and in jokes to work.  The antagonist was very one note.  Kinda wish he was more memorable because he left next to no impression on me except he's bad and British.

But this is definitely the role that defines Ryan Reynolds career.  He was so damn good and I can't praise him enough.  The movie wouldn't have worked nearly as well without him.  He made Deadpool for me.  Also kudos for his chemistry with his girlfriend Vanessa.  I was fully invested in that relationship completely which is a rarity with superhero movies for me.

Definitely worth checking out.