• Advertisement

People using Windows XP read this

sbl

So, Microsoft is getting ready to release the next version of Windows, Windows 10. If you have Windows 8, 8.1, or Windows 7, then you probably have seen a little icon in your icon tray saying Get Windows 10. Microsoft released this update through the Windows Update service at the starting of June so people can reserve their free upgrade to Windows 10. If you had Windows XP, you haven't seen this most likely.

But, here is where the XP problems start. Microsoft has stopped sending the Malicious Software Removal Tool through Windows Update, and Microsoft Security Essentials (if you use it) has stopped receiving updates from Microsoft. So, that also means that Microsoft is planning to stop sending all updates to Windows XP. They've already stopped sending all updates to Windows Server 2003 (which is based off XP), so this means that at this time, you should upgrade to Windows 7 if you don't like 8, 8.1, or 10.

Also, with that Flash is unsafe thing, that could also tie in with the XP being not safe thing also.

Good news though, is that Google has extended application support for Windows XP to the end of 2015.

So, that is all I have to say. You can now go back and resume to SBC.

Concerned for your safety,

spongeboblover. :D

Pfft. They're just trying to scare you shitless into buying the latest software. You could probably use XP for another couple years and be fine.

Well, you're right a little bit. But some applications might not support it anymore, if a program updates for example, it might not work on Windows XP.

wait but is win 10 worth upgrading? I have windows 8.1 rn but don't know whether to upgrade. Been doing a little research on it but i am still undecided. 

Windows 10 has a start menu (if you want one), a new browser, new taskbar, basically it's like a whole new company made a whole new os.

I recommend it

But, here is where the XP problems start. Microsoft has stopped sending the Malicious Software Removal Tool through Windows Update, and Microsoft Security Essentials (if you use it) has stopped receiving updates from Microsoft. So, that also means that Microsoft is planning to stop sending all updates to Windows XP. They've already stopped sending all updates to Windows Server 2003 (which is based off XP), so this means that at this time, you should upgrade to Windows 7 if you don't like 8, 8.1, or 10.

Also, with that Flash is unsafe thing, that could also tie in with the XP being not safe thing also.

Oooh, 5spoopy8me.

B8UAM88IUAAvAtk.jpg

Windows 10 has a start menu (if you want one), a new browser, new taskbar, basically it's like a whole new company made a whole new os.

I recommend it

oh wait you're just a viral marketer nevermind

• Like 1

wait but is win 10 worth upgrading? I have windows 8.1 rn but don't know whether to upgrade. Been doing a little research on it but i am still undecided. 

It seems good. I might upgrade, but since I have the Sims 2 and 3 I think it will be unplayable.

• Like 2

Guest hilaryfan80

From what I can tell, Windows 10 will be amazing. I had the privilege of having the beta, and it worked wonderfully on my 10 year old computer. It seems that Microsoft has went full out on making sure that Windows 10 is compatible with Windows XP computers.

I highly recommend everyone upgrading, especially if you're using Windows XP. The only disadvantage is that Windows 10 isn't free for Windows XP users, but you need to upgrade. Windows XP isn't safe anymore.

From what I can tell, Windows 10 will be amazing. I had the privilege of having the beta, and it worked wonderfully on my 10 year old computer. It seems that Microsoft has went full out on making sure that Windows 10 is compatible with Windows XP computers.

I highly recommend everyone upgrading, especially if you're using Windows XP. The only disadvantage is that Windows 10 isn't free for Windows XP users, but you need to upgrade. Windows XP isn't safe anymore.

i agree with hilaryfan80, also, Windows XP has gotten quite a bit slower when Microsoft Stopped supporting, And because it did, Viruses and other Malware WILL Appear on your Windows XP Laptop/Desktop within maybe a few days, Months, Weeks, Years. for me, while Windows 10 is nearing its release date, i reccomend to Reserve Your order, i have already reserved mine.

Guest hilaryfan80

Technically, wouldn't it be free if you upgraded XP to 7, and then to 10?

I suppose it would if you were to obtain a copy of Windows 7. It only makes sense if you obtain it for free though.