• Advertisement

A SpongeBob Spin-Off?

Ron

Spin-off  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a SpongeBob spin off?

• Yes!
    • Hmm, I'm intrigued!
    • I would watch, but it's not the best idea
    • Unsure
    • No
    • Terrible idea

You hate Gravity Falls too?! I thought I was the only who recognized its MANY faults.

For instance, Dipper hardly gets a second of screentime. He's more invisible than New Sandy.

Don't get me started on Mabel and Soos, what a bunch of unfunny assholes. Newer Patrick is always comedic gold and charming/relatable at the same time.

Finally Gravity Falls is so formulaic. Mix it up a little. Mr. Krabs has a new moneymaking scheme in every new SpongeBob episodes, but Gravity Falls always has Stan Pines either be a tourist trapper, grouch, or guy with a heart of gold. Pick one already. He's too layered of a character to follow compared to Newer Mr. Krabs.

In short, Disney should just stop trying to compete with Nick's hilarious forms of humor and storytelling. If there's one thing kids love it's being talked down to intellectually. Newer SpongeBob does that perfectly. :whitney:

• Like 1

You misspelled "veiled" as "vieled".

Calm down Nuggets, we know you aren't out of the phase of defending New SpongeBob yet. It's alright, minimal judgment here from me.

But if a spinoff does actually happen when it's time for Nick to let go, and trust me Nick tried to do with it "All Grown Up" for Rugrats, then the result won't even be near the quality of "All Grown Up".

Uh, need I remind both you guys that you're cursing in the Spongebob section?

Also, I don't think it's fair to compare Spongebob with Gravity Falls. Sure, they're both dependent on comedy, but like I've said numerous times in discussions like these, Spongebob doesn't need to go into a similar route as Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, because Spongebob doesn't exist merely for storytelling and is never intended to be that type of show. If you want a massive storyline to be made out of Spongebob, I don't think there's no need to worry about that when we got the two movies to do that job while keeping its comedic focus.

• Like 3

Like I understand it in this case but you do this constantly and it's super irritating

Your incredibly obvious and thinly vieled sarcasm was not lost on me, don't fret.

My point still stands regardless

no double posting nuggets , its against the rulez

Uh, need I remind both you guys that you're cursing in the Spongebob section?

you tell em steel, fight the power! 

A spin-off wouldn't be the worst idea, but like GG said, a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy spin-off would be the best our of any other ideas for a spin-off.

For example, a Patrick or a Sandy spin-off wouldn't be a fun show. They're both awesome and lovable characters, but they kind of lack the uniqueness of the main character, SpongeBob.

Hopefully you guys can understand this. I'm not good at explaining things.

• Like 1

I would watch it probably, but with how nick handles their show I'm afraid it's going to be bad. But Mermaidman & Barnacleboy spin-off show would probanly be nice. The setting could be when they're young.

I'd love to see a show about Mermaidman and Barnacleboy in their younger years.