• Advertisement

How do you feel about movies being split into two parts?

Clappy

What the topic asks.

With Mockingjay being the latest example of studios whoring out finales for money, I just thought I would ask how everyone else feels about this concept. Personally, I hate it. It only works when there is enough material to even propose the notion. Harry Potter 7 I was fine with since A LOT happens in the final book that two movies would work. In the end, I think Part 1 dragged where Part 2 succeeded and it felt like an actual conclusion. Haven't seen anything else succeed otherwise like The Hobbit, Twilight, just to name a few.

While I haven't seen Mockingjay the first, I don't see the idea of the concept working for the last part of the trilogy if that was only just as long as the other two books. For example: The Maze Runner, I won't be surprised if The Death Cure Parts 1 and 2 happen, and that still wouldn't make sense.

Pretty much your opinion. If there's enough material to warrant two parts then I rather that with one of the movies kind of dragging and the other done semi-well with a lot of the information remaining intact instead of one really rushed movie.

I don't see much of a problem with it if the book had a whole lot in it like the final Harry Potter. Not sure how long Mockingjay is, but t probably warranted two movies to tell the full story properly, too.

I don't see much of a problem with it if the book had a whole lot in it like the final Harry Potter. Not sure how long Mockingjay is, but t probably warranted two movies to tell the full story properly, too.

Mockingjay is honestly not worth the two movies. It's story could have fit as one movie. Granted I haven't seen it but with the multiple times I've read the book, it doesn't deserve two movies to tell the story.