• Advertisement

043b. Just One Bite

storytime7

That's cool, I thought that I had it on DVD at one point but I forget it they edited on that too. Funny thing, my mom actually complained that they had that on a kids show when I watched the episode with her a long time ago.

What's weird is that in the first few airings of that episode before the scene was removed they aired The Bully first and then Just One Bite but ever since they removed that scene they've showed Just One Bite first.

It's just another perfect season 3 episode and It's definetly one of my favorite SpongeBob episodes. Squidward was very funny in this episode. Many parts in this episode made me laugh. Not to mention the deleted scene. The deleted scene of this episode was very funny. Squidward's "I have no soul!" line , the close-up of Squidward's face when Squid said "Does this look unsure to you?" and SpongeBob's smiley face after he realized that Squid loved Krabby Patty were so funny that these parts became very popular. I rate this episode 10/10.

• Like 1

More internet memes come from this episode than any other, and it's not hard to see why. From "unsure" Squidward to smirking :smirk: SpongeBob, this episode uses creepy close-ups and character expressions to their maximum comic effect, and for that reason, Just One Bite gets a place in my Top 15.

• Like 1

More internet memes come from this episode than any other, and it's not hard to see why. From "unsure" Squidward to smirking :smirk: SpongeBob, this episode uses creepy close-ups and character expressions to their maximum comic effect, and for that reason, Just One Bite gets a place in my Top 15.

Most importantly, we learned this: :smirk: "You LIKE Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And I'm really glad that they didn't just flat out forget about this humor (like they do with a lot of the incidental moments that happen in "Spongebob Squarepants,") but they brought it up again in "The Great Patty Caper," that Squidward really DOES like Krabby Patties!" And this episode is really great! :D (If only the stupid sensors would just put in that gasoline explosion scene back in!) :rolleyes: Still, even without it, this episode gets a solid 10/10! B)  Enough said! ;)

On 9/6/2010 at 6:25 PM, storytime7 said:

I have a copy of the episode from nick.com with the scene included in the actual episode. 428899.gif

What's weird is that in the first few airings of that episode before the scene was removed they aired The Bully first and then Just One Bite but ever since they removed that scene they've showed Just One Bite first.

Do you happen to have that copy and are you even still an active user? ?

I think they changed the original order to be sure which 22 minute episode was the edited one without having to look through the whole episode to find out which version it is. The same goes for Procrastination/I'm With Stupid I think. They added a filter to that episode to distinguish it from the original one.

This episode was never that special to me. I thought of it as overrated and not that good on re-watch. However, I recently saw the whole thing again after several years, and ironically, the older I get, the more I sympathize with Squidward. This was a very real and touching episode for him and the comedy is very solid. Maybe the reason I didn't like it before is because it does not seem to be particularly directed to kids. 9.6/10

Edited by BeachBob95