• Advertisement

School Thread

I've been falling behind my reading for marketing and will probably read everything over the weekend anyway. I still think it's a waste of time, but my group draft got a 90 and I've been much busier with way more important shit to study. I've also done really well on most of my midterms, except one where I still passed but it wasn't nearly as high of a grade as the others because I find that class to be harder. 

I know it was my fault but funny story. I was getting dropped off at college today and was still charging my phone in the car. It took a while for me to untangle the thing and a bunch of cars were honking and beeping behind. I finally got out of the car and i stood there and waited for all the cars to pass through and this lady opened up her car window and told me "Hey, you're not special." Lesson learned though. I'm always gonna charge my phone from home from now on. I should have said something back to her and said "I'm sorry it won't happen again" but what's done was done and that lady had a point.

Edited by Sailor Man

I wonder what I'm gonna do for high school. I don't know if I'm comfortable with public school, and if I do attend, I'll probably be bullied or just flat out not interact with anyone. Maybe I'll continue being homeschooled and then go to a normal college after that. 

So we signed up for classes this week. Or well, got it finalized and turned in. Because I knew what I wanted to take pretty much all along so here's what I'm taking:

-Honors English II- English and Academic Strategies teacher recommended me for this and I think I'll do good

-Honors Math II- I like math. Kill me. And a huge positive is according to my math teacher a lot of the course involves writing about math and that seems pretty interesting to me. And another positive is I'm able to drop the course after the first quarter if I don't like it and go to standard.

-Chemistry- Oh god eww not excited for this. Fuck man. I have to take a physical science to graduate, and I wanted to get that requirement over with because the options for physical science at my school are Physical Science (like basically just basics of chem and physics, electricity, magnetism, etc), Chemistry, and Physics. Wanted to take Physical Science but Chemistry looks better on college resumes for the requirement, so I'm taking that. Definitely want to take Physical Science before I graduate though. And there's no chance in hell I'm doing Physics.

-Civics And Economics- This is our required history class for sophomores. I don't like history, but at least it's easy. Horray.

ELECTIVES:

-Graphic Design I- Really wanted to take biomed for an elective but my sister shot that down so I'll take another art class. At least graphic design does seem pretty cool.

-French I- Have to have a language to require. So that's why I'm here. 

-Academic Strategies- I would take Study Hall over Academic Strategies but Academic Strategies'll boost my GPA so why not.

6 minutes ago, terminoob said:

One month to go. Ended up being one of six people in my major chosen for a studio space and I'm finally coming close to figuring out a story for thesis.

Exciiiiiiiiiiited.

I thought you graduated college?

37 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Still got one more year. Sophomore year credits from my previous school didn't transfer, so I had to add on an extra year.

Ah, okay. I myself don't know what school I'll go to. I know for a fact I was put on this planet to do animation, so definitely an art school.

This semester I'm taking History of News Media, Editorial Writing, a class on Hispanic literature and culture, and American Literature. Looking forward to it. #nerd

But the best part of my schedule is having no classes on Friday :D 

Edited by Katniss

I'll be going back September 6th into grade 12. From what I remember of my schedule some of my courses for the school year are math, social law, French, and Co-op, which involves experience in workplaces.