• Advertisement

Star Wars VII Swears

Wumbolo

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Star Wars VII have a lot of swears?

• Sure
    • Yes
    • Probably
    • Maybe
    • Probably not
    • No
    • Sure not

What do you think? Will the next episode of Star Wars have a lot of swears? Because, episodes I-VI don't have swears (G. Lucas) but since J. J. Abrams is the new director and Star Trek does have swears... Maybe ep. VII will be less kid-compatible.

I think there will be, but I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Bringing in curse words means he can also bring in drugs, sex, alcohol, and more violence, because curse words magically bump up a movie from PG to PG-13, and PG-13 movies can have drugs, sex, alcohol, and more violence. I think if he keeps all of that to a minimum and doesn't fall into tropes (like Han Solo being an alcoholic because he's "seen more than you ever will, kid") then he'll be fine and the movies will be great. The PG-rating helped the original trilogy a lot (because they were able to focus on the story and the characters and not show fight scene after fight scene), but seeing the dial cranked up juuuuuuust a tad bit will definitely be a good thing if done properly (like if JJ Abrams decides to go the Revenge of the Sith route and lose focus on the story and the characters in favor of fight scene after fight scene).

• Like 1

Never thought about it, but maybe. PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN NOW *censor if any young fans are viewing here*!

I could see that happening.

This is the bit that worries me. They had dialogue like that in the original trilogy and were able to do it without cursing. I think the best use of curse words would be using them once and have that be it. Like really normal and calm dialogue throughout the movie and then they get into a really bad situation (think Trash compactor/Sarlacc pit/Rancor) and one character just shouts out "SHIT" or something, and then they never curse again after that.

I'm also worried there will be some violence. And if there will be actual violence that will depend on somebody's strength and not on the force, that would be bad. Everybody used Force in eps 1-6 to hurt somebody so I hope it will be so in episode VII too. The Force is pretty interesting and violence kinda doesn't belong to the Star Wars universe.

I'm also worried there will be some violence. And if there will be actual violence that will depend on somebody's strength and not on the force, that would be bad. Everybody used Force in eps 1-6 to hurt somebody so I hope it will be so in episode VII too. The Force is pretty interesting and violence kinda doesn't belong to the Star Wars universe.

Violence was always in it, though. Countless fights (particularly Ep 6 on the forest moon of Endor when Han and Leia are fighting alongside the Ewoks, but there's a lot more fighting besides that), Alderaan was blown up (killing millions), the Death Star was blown up (killing thousands), Vader cut off Luke's hand, newly-reformed Anakin pushes Sidious off the bridge so he falls to his death, ect. It was all there. A PG-13 rating is gonna mean more violence than before (just watch Revenge of the Sith), but violence in Star Wars isn't a foreign concept to begin with.

Not like the swears actually matter in a Star Wars movie. It's all about the action. Could it be included? I don't see why not if the cursing fit the scene. Honestly though, it's not like I would be totally surprised if they threw in a damn or an ass, but cursing is the least of my worries while watching.