• Advertisement

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Clappy

I can't decide whether this movie is going to piss me off or not based off certain elements in the trailer (Possibly killing off Storm? Why isn't James McAvoy in a wheelchair? Not enough Ellen Page in the trailer for my liking.).

I want to see it badly regardless because it's like a massive get together of X-Men past and present. Plus I have some hope that Bryan Singer will get over this slump he's been in directorial wise since X2 (or at least to me he's in a slump).

I just want a Wolverine movie where he slaughters everyone. 

This looks okay anyway.

I would love a grindhouse Wolverine flick. Make it happen Hollywood.
  • Like 2

To be fair, this is actually a semi- sequel to First Class.

Which also makes it a prequel to X3, while at the same time also being a sequel to it as well.

~~~~~~~TIIIIIIIIIMEEEEEE TRAVVEEEEELLLLLLLL~~~~~~~~~~~

X-Men: 4st Class II

Just saw this today. It was really, really good. Will post full thoughts when I'm on a computer, but I think it was honestly the best of the series so far.

How it doubled as X-Men 4 and First Class 2 was insane though. So incredibly clever.

Also saw this today, also thought it was great. There were story hiccups here and there (mostly to do with how the time travel was handled), and even though I thought the writing in the comic was a lot tighter I thought this was vastly more enjoyable. Barring one other scene, I think the stuff in the future was my favorite part of the movie. I really enjoyed the fighting, and the Sentinel designs were great (even though they looked like the thing from the first Thor movie). Even though I knew what was coming, I was still thinking "WHAT" throughout most of the future scenes (in a shocked sort of way, not a confused sort of way).

The one scene that was far and away the best of the movie though was Quicksilver's scene in the kitchen. I just want to keep watching it on repeat. It was so fucking amazing. I went in with that scene already being hyped up for me, and it blew my expectations out of the water because I didn't know just how great it could've possibly been. Looking back it seemed like the entire first act was only written the way it was so that scene could be included (which leads me to think that one of the writers thought of that scene first, wrote it out, and then worked backwards from there).

I also don't know why there are reviews talking about how good Jennifer Lawrence was. She certainly wasn't bad, but I didn't think she was anywhere near as good as the more "main" characters (I thought McAvoy was the standout, honestly; his Xavier is great).

I didn't think it was. There have been all these origin movies that when I see "past" in the title, I automatically think it's another prequel.

First Class is the only "origin" movie in the series, unless you count X1 as an "origin" movie (which I don't count as an origin movie) or Wolverine: Origins (which I don't count as a movie).

I enjoyed this. It was an absolutely clever film that has me on the edge of my seat for even more X-Men movies like Appcalypse in 2016. I'm just beyond glad that Bryan Singer has returned to his niche as director of the X-Men series. This honestly felt like more of a sequel than The Last Stand did and served as a great sequel to First Class. I also am surprised that Quicksilver didn't piss me off because the trailers lead to the impression that they were going to fuck up his character somehow and they didn't. And I really hate to sound like a repeat of termi, but every scene James McAvoy's Xavier was in was gold. He was by far the standout character in this film when I thought for sure it would be either Michael Fassbender's Magneto (which I still heavily enjoyed) of J-Law's Mystique (who I found rather underwhelming this time around).

Spoiler Alert 

Spoiler

Really late on this but could someone explain if the ending takes place in the universe Wolverine traveled to or if its something different

Spoiler

Mystiqye disguised as Stryker? That took place in the timeline that changed the future.