• Advertisement

Lady Gaga vs. Kanye West

Ron

Who?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Lady Gaga or Kanye West?

• Lady Gaga
    • Kanye West

Lady Gaga is my favorite artist; Kanye West is Nuggets' favorite artist. We've been debating for the past... probably the last year who's better lol. He said we should do a poll. so that's what we're doing ;D

Here's a brief little breakdown (both Kanye and Gaga write and produce everything they do): 

Lady Gaga

Years Active: 2008-present 

Albums: The Fame (#2), Born This Way (#1), ARTPOP (#1) 

Hot 100 #1 Singles: Just Dance, Poker Face, Born This Way

Album Sales: 31 million worldwide

Single Sales: 125 million worldwide

Grammy Awards: 5

Signature Songs: Poker Face, Bad Romance, Born This Way, Applause

Artists Influenced: Katy Perry, Rihanna, Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj, Lana Del Rey, Marina & the Diamonds

Kanye West

Years Active: 2004-present 

Albums: The College Dropout (#2), Late Registration (#1), Graduation (#1), 808s & Heartbreak (#1), My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (#1), Watch the Throne (#1), Yeezus (#1) 

Hot 100 #1 Singles: Gold Digger, Stronger

Album Sales: 21 million worldwide

Single Sales: 66 million worldwide

Grammy Awards: 21

Signature Songs: Heartless, Gold Digger, Stronger, All of the Lights

Artists Influenced: Drake, Childish Gambino, B.O.B, Frank Ocean, Kid Cudi, The Weeknd

Cool thread. I  think that when it comes down to it, Lady Gaga > Kanye West because Lady Gaga didn't make "Bound 2".

Gaga gave birth to another gaga in Born This Way, got pelt with rocks in Judas, and she was a swan in Applause. o.o

But yeah, Lady Gaga is my choice.

I really REALLY fail to see Kanye's charm, sorry Nuggets and Clappy, but he's just a pretentious douche in my eyes with average songs, I just don't see it. The only songs I can think of that I may like by him are Heartless and Stronger (the latter mainly for the Daft Punk sample, but imo it's his best song)

In the other hand, there's Mother Monster, to be honest? I friggin' love her. Idk what is it about her, but I consider myself a fan, I mean, a little monster ;P I'll give you that lately her lyrics seem a little bland, but that doesn't stop her songs from being catchy and usually with a great message. She just gives it all on stage and out and is currently one of the most dedicated artists out there. I'm always excited to see what she's gonna come up with next. 

I really REALLY fail to see Kanye's charm, sorry Nuggets and Clappy, but he's just a pretentious douche in my eyes with average songs, I just don't see it. The only songs I can think of that I may like by him are Heartless and Stronger (the latter mainly for the Daft Punk sample, but imo it's his best song)

Lol Kanye West is a pretentious douche. Everyone knows this. But the same can be said about most Hollywood artists. Kanye West is just an obvious douche. No denying that.

However, everyone who calls him a douche ignores his music. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is probably the best album I've heard in at least the past five years, maybe even ten. What makes Kanye West so good is that he is willing to take risks and try new things just to diversify himself as a rapper. Yeah sure he samples songs and then freestyles them to make them his own like he did with Stronger, but you caught yourself singing to Stronger, didn't you? Well it's much more than a Daft Punk song now. Kanye West is a genius because not only are his production skills amazing but he is a pretty damn good songwriter. Yeah he can get a bit goofy and obscure with his lyrics (I know Wumbo would point to Bound 2), but far more often than not, he does not disappoint.

Kanye's my favorite rapper and I think he deserves all the praise he gets despite how huge his ego is. Some people can call him overrated and I wouldn't disagree but to me that only furthers Kanye West's status as one of the biggest names in rap. I can't wait to see what he does as an artist next because no one ever seems to know.

• Like 1