Oceans 9 was the ninth version of SBC. It was first confirmed by Aquatic Nuggets on July 16th, 2013, and it launched with SpongeBob Universe Version 2 (dubbed SBU Squared) on July 20th, 2013. A countdown party was held the night before on July 19th, 2013, similar to the Orca party.
Oceans received mixed reactions, and was usually considered to be one of the weakest SBC versions due to lack of features and not living up to hype. However, in recent years, several members have begun to look back on the skin in a fonder light, feeling it was not given a proper chance to shine due to its association with SpongeBob Universe failing. It was eventually demoted as the default skin, losing its place to Orca. No versions were ever created for Oceans after Oceans 9.0. Orca was continued to be updated in place of Oceans. (although Oceans remained available for use alongside Orca) The Oceans skin was removed entirely on September 25, 2015.
- This version was originally named V9 Jellyfish. (which would later be used for Jellyfish 14)
- No features were released with it; just SBU Squared, which turned out to be a failure.
- This was originally the longest gap between a new version, lasting over a year.
- This also marks the first version to not be named after a sea animal, but rather, the sea itself.
- This was the first time in SBC history where a skin included a slideshow presentation. V12 Squid and V13 Sponge would later revive this concept.
- Oceans Skin.png