• Advertisement

What Do You Want In Season 10 (if we get one)?

Young Nug

Title.

For Season 10, all I want is:

-More character combo episodes. We never get Squidward/Mr. Krabs episodes, or Patrick/Sandy, or episodes. It'd be cool to mix up that formula. I'm still waiting on that Boating School episode with Sandy. :P

-I'd also honestly just like Season 10 to try something new. SpongeBob is slowly becoming a relic from 1999 and it's starting to show in how anti-progressive it's becoming. Continuity has lightened up considerably and I never realized how lame the pure comedy can be when there's literally nothing else to back it up anymore. Have a story arc, do something drastic with a character, go to more different locales more often, something. But the "lol spongebob is at the krusty krab, or annoyin squidward or jellyfishin or surfin or at his house" plots are growing very thin after 14 years straight with almost no variation.

-Bringing back any semblance of heart back into characters like Mr. Krabs or Squidward, who have become unfeeling lumps of coal and repetitive comedy, would be amazing as well. The amount of vitriol in those two compared to how they used to be is actually kinda sickening.

-More usage of secondary characters like Larry or Scooter would be cool too.

(also bring back spongebob's hipster glasses again plz)

What do you guys want from Season 10, if we even get it?

• Like 6

I pretty much want/expect what everyone else is. A change of scenery would be nice definitely. I'd like to see them venture out town here and there too. I totally agree with the Sandy/Patrick dynamic. Patrick gets to be this smart alec guy around her we don't see often. Some really strong example them is in I Had an Accident. Speaking of Pat, PLEASE can we get more smart moments and less cheek/tooth drooling dumbness from Patrick maybe? :P Some touching Squidward moments and more complex plots would do too.

• Like 1

The thing about Patrick is that he's usually extraordinarily dumb, but he has these 'moments' where he suddenly becomes smart (like in SpongeBob's Last Stand where he comments on the "disruption of the ecosystem"). I think that if we had that kind of Patrick in a Sandy episode, it might be quite cool.

I think that we also need more Squidward/Mr. Krabs. Whenever Mr Krabs has a bright idea, like in Jellyfish Hunter or Spy Buddies, it's always SpongeBob and Patrick who save the day. Can't Squidward do something for once?

Other than that, I agree with everyone else. :)

for Season 10, i want to something different BESIDE Krab vs Plankton episode or less Krusty Krab episodes. Honestly, we kind see these eps that are been there dome that stuff.

Perhaps, we can focus more Sandy episodes more often or maybe more Mr Krabs/Squidward episodes.

The show's cancellation! :D

Spoiler

Nah, but seriously, I'm with Nuggets. If they could make Mr. Krabs and Squidward likable again, that would be great. They used to be some of the best characters of the show, but now Squidward is a constant butt monkey and Mr. Krabs' money obsession, while an important part of his character, has been way overdone recently.

Perhaps they could make an episode where they pair up two characters you'd never expect to be together like Mrs. Puff and Pearl or maybe they could make an episode where Larry the Lobster gets some spotlight. Heck, they could open up so many doors of potential plots if they made some focusing on the more minor characters. Obviously we'd still need episodes about SpongeBob and pals for the show's name to still be relevant, but episodes centered around characters that just show up randomly could be a nice refresher. I personally would like to see more conflict between SpongeBob and Bubble Bass which hasn't been touched at all since Season 1.

• Like 3

The show's cancellation! :D

Spoiler

Nah, but seriously, I'm with Nuggets. If they could make Mr. Krabs and Squidward likable again, that would be great. They used to be some of the best characters of the show, but now Squidward is a constant butt monkey and Mr. Krabs' money obsession, while an important part of his character, has been way overdone recently.

Perhaps they could make an episode where they pair up two characters you'd never expect to be together like Mrs. Puff and Pearl or maybe they could make an episode where Larry the Lobster gets some spotlight. Heck, they could open up so many doors of potential plots if they made some focusing on the more minor characters. Obviously we'd still need episodes about SpongeBob and pals for the show's name to still be relevant, but episodes centered around characters that just show up randomly could be a nice refresher. I personally would like to see more conflict between SpongeBob and Bubble Bass which hasn't been touched at all since Season 1.

Maybe Pearl can go to Boating School, I mean she's been sixteen for years now. :P
  • Like 2

Maybe Pearl can go to Boating School, I mean she's been sixteen for years now. :P

Actually that was one of the ideas I had when I made that post. :P

"Boating Pearl" -- Pearl complains to Mr. Krabs about how all of her friends are driving their own boats now, so he enrolls her in Mrs. Puff's Boating School. After all, SpongeBob goes there and he's good at Fry Cooking, so he must be good at Boating School. At first SpongeBob is excited to have Pearl in class at first while Pearl obviously isn't, but when Pearl starts seeing how pathetic a driver SpongeBob is and begins nagging him about it, SpongeBob starts to grow tired of having Pearl as a classmate.

I'm astonished actually that there hasn't been an episode with Pearl in Boating School before - in "Whale of a Birthday", SpongeBob buys her a boat..surely she's going to need to learn to actually drive it at some point!

Whilst I'm on the subject, I think we need more SpongeBob characters in Boating School. Apart from rare 'guest appearances' most major characters never appear in Boating School - they just insert random Bikini Bottomites, which makes it unrealistic because it's not just minor characters that need a license to drive a boat! Boating School basically seems to serve as an undeveloped background location for episodes focusing on Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob, in my opinion. Shame, really.

~Squidward1066 :)

• Like 1

id love more episodes that dwell into a characters past. how DID spongebob and patrick become BEST friends? how did squidward and squilliam become enemies? whatever happened to the girl that went on a date with squidward? will we learn the history of pearls mother? what willl happen with sandy and spongebob? will spongebob finally get a licence? QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED

• Like 4

id love more episodes that dwell into a characters past. how DID spongebob and patrick become BEST friends? how did squidward and squilliam become enemies? whatever happened to the girl that went on a date with squidward? will we learn the history of pearls mother? what willl happen with sandy and spongebob? will spongebob finally get a licence? QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED

The second movie might uncover some of those mysteries if it has an intriguing plot like the first movie did. Not everything will be uncovered, though; like the mystery of Pearl's mom, among others.

-Fewer Krusty Krab episodes

-More Goo Lagoon episodes

-More LOL moments

-Fewer Plankton episodes

-Gross or crude humor being kept to a minimum

-More Sandy episodes

-More Gary episodes

-Allowing character abuse only when it's deserved

Having Pearl in Boating School is actually a decent idea if executed properly.

I agree with those who want S10 to have episodes centered around minor/recurring characters. I mean, we've seen people like Larry The Lobster for years, but I still feel as if there's more to be known about him or stories they can center around him r any of the other Bikini Bottomites.

I look at animated shows such as Famiy Guy as an example of developing recurring/minor characters and I think SB can do that too.