• Advertisement

DC vs Marvel

Doctor Sex

Marvel definitely has a better Cinema Universe, but I much prefer DC's heroes, shows, and comics. The stories are so much better crafted over at DC. Marvel's really got an ass-kicking cinema world goin', though.

Ooo! Ooo! Me! Pick me!

Red 5, Dark Horse, IDW, and Image because none of them are mainstream so they don't have to abide by the general populous so they can do whatever they want.  You wouldn't see Atomic Robo, The Rocketeer, Mars Attacks, The Walking Dead, The Goon, or any other sweetness in a Marvel or DC line-up.

But of the two, I'd side with Marvel.  They know what they're doing.  Disney buying was the best thing to ever happen.  They created a film franchise that is undeniably one of the best ever created, and it shows no signs of slowing down; plus it spawned Agents of SHIELD, which in turn allowed Joss Whedon to go back to TV, which in turn will be amazing once his tenure with Marvel is done (if it ever is).

Comic-wise, they're just better.  They don't depend on one (or two) huge characters to carry them, they have a whole line-up of diverse and amazing superheroes that span from Tony Stark to the X-Men to Spiderman to Deadpool.  But DC has that too, I guess, but Marvel's different; everyone's friends in Marvel's universe.  It's fun.  It's campy.  It's great.  No one's the token angst-ball that hates everyone.  Marvel loves to put different superheroes together (just look at Marvel Team-Ups, and how Spiderman is part of almost every team in the Marvel universe).  It's great.

DCBatman, on the other hand, has noBatmanclue.  I think it's becauseBatmanit peaked too soon.  TheyBatmangot it right way tooBatmanearly, and they rode off the success of Batman: The Animated Series for far too long.  With DC out of the film industry for the time being (you can onlyBatmanreboot Superman so many times), theyBatmanneed to step up their TV game... and they reallyBatmanaren't.  They cancelled Young Justice and GreenBatmanLantern - which were the two shows that showedBatmanthat they didn't need Batman or Superman; that theyBatmanknew they had a huge cast in the background and they needed exposure too.  And now with BewareBatmanthe Batman, we're going back to Batman (let's count how many Batman shows they've had... B:TAS, The Batman!, Batman Beyond, B:BatB, and let's justBatmanthrow in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited for good measure).  TheyBatmandon't want to take risks, because they don't need toBatmantake risks; they have Batman in their back pocket at all times and can whip him out whenever they'reBatmanin a rut.  They're bad at TV.

Comic wise... ugh.  They're allBatmanover the place.  The New 52 wasBatmana good idea, but it was executed extremely poorly.  They're trying their hand at crossovers, but no one cares about the comics they're crossing over; peopleBatmaneither care for one or the other.  TheyBatmancancelled Blue Beetle justBatmanto put him in The Hunt so they could up sales on The Hunt.  No one gives aBatmancrap about The Hunt.  The art, the writing, the characterBatmandesign (go look at Starfire from RedBatmanHood and the Outlaws; that's not what Starfire looks like) isBatmanall miserable.  But theyBatmanstill have Batman! And kindBatmanof Superman! Who cares aboutBatmaneveryone else?! Batman! Am I right guys?! ...Batman!

In fairness, I do like most of the superheroes in DC's universe (most of them more than Marvel), and old DC (read: pre-New 52) is fantastic, but the writing just kills it for me.  Marvel knows how to handle everything better and how to cater to their fans.

Haha, I came here to say this. Spawn is my shit. Shadowhawk's pretty cool, too. Hell, I think Amalgam Comics deserves a mention too. They combined the best of both worlds after all.

Before I delve into obscure scuzzy underground comix no one's heard of or cares about, i'm gonna say i've always been a DC guy and probably always will be.

lolno

The Dark Knight, anyone?

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises.

Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Iron Man 3.

I think Marvel wins.

Watchmen, Sin City, V for Vendetta

...No.

Watchmen's movie was bad

Sin City's movie was meh

V for Vendetta was fine, but in terms of comic movies i wouldn't say its as good as say, the first Iron Man.

both are fantastic with great stories and characters. but marvel wins it for me. Spiderman is my #1 favorite superhero and my favorite marvel movie is the avengers, but the dark knight (2nd badman nolan movie) is my 2nd favorite. DC is more dark and mysterious while marvel is more action and adventure. but both have good stories while i feel marvel expands so much more. both are great but i think marvel is better